Beagle 306 Basset II AKA The Beagle Bungle Basset

Started by Bungle, June 04, 2019, 06:27:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bungle

Picked one of these up recently  - an impulse buy. Pretty sure I can do something RAF-ish if I can find a suitable canopy.

Not sure if white/grey or white/red or red/blue livery..... decisions, decisions.

And if that doesn't work maybe a single tailed one of these....

Now where's the spares box ?
"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five." - Julius Henry Marx (Groucho)

PantherG

So.... why don´t build L-200 straight OOB and only give him "What if coat" ?
I have three Czechoslovak, three IDF/AF and one RAAF What if liveries "doodled"  ;)

NARSES2

Not a kit I was aware of at all
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Bungle

Quote from: PantherG on June 04, 2019, 11:19:44 AM
So.... why don´t build L-200 straight OOB and only give him "What if coat" ?
I have three Czechoslovak, three IDF/AF and one RAAF What if liveries "doodled"  ;)

If I get time (and for once the timing is good and I have an almost clear week) I may do that. My first thought was to make it USAF but that actually would be real world! Kit comes with USAF option. Got to think something more exotic.

Quote from: NARSES2 on June 05, 2019, 06:15:30 AM

Which one Chris ? The Dominator is quite recent and I think there must be something similar in the pipeline because the sprue includes a cockpit floor and seats but the 'canopy' is a solid plug. Anyway I believe I have found a suitable transparancy from a Cessna 310 resin kit (Vacuformed and two in the kit so could screw up two kits in one!).

Roll on midnight so I can get started !
"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five." - Julius Henry Marx (Groucho)

NARSES2

Quote from: Bungle on June 07, 2019, 06:16:42 AM

Which one Chris ? The Dominator is quite recent and I think there must be something similar in the pipeline because the sprue includes a cockpit floor and seats but the 'canopy' is a solid plug. Anyway I believe I have found a suitable transparancy from a Cessna 310 resin kit (Vacuformed and two in the kit so could screw up two kits in one!).

The Dominator.

Every time I read Beagle 306 Basset in your title I automatically think of Liquorice Allsorts and Bertie Bassett   :banghead:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

JayBee

Quote from: NARSES2 on June 07, 2019, 06:23:04 AM

The Dominator.

Every time I read Beagle 306 Basset in your title I automatically think of Liquorice Allsorts and Bertie Bassett   :banghead:

I cant remember which branch it was that had that theme for their stand at the Nats. a few years ago.
Their slogan : We build allsorts!
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

PR19_Kit

Quote from: JayBee on June 07, 2019, 07:41:54 AM

I cant remember which branch it was that had that theme for their stand at the Nats. a few years ago.
Their slogan : We build allsorts!

Oh yes, that was a brilliant display!  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

JayBee

Muilticoloured indeed, but which branch was it ? Was it Dorset by any chance ?
Does anyone have a photo, I have checked my files and I do not appear to have one of it ?
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

Weaver

If you changed the manufacturer to British United National General Aviation Limited, you could call it a Bungle Bassett II... :wacko:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Bungle

Quote from: Weaver on June 07, 2019, 02:38:30 PM
If you changed the manufacturer to British United National General Aviation Limited, you could call it a Bungle Bassett II... :wacko:

New thread title then. ;D

Bungle

Ok so let battle (struggle) commence.

This is the Dominator kit

and as back up... the Let L-200

Two grey plastic kits - what could go wrong?

zenrat

IME A Model kits require two weeks just for the PSR.  However this one looks pretty good and it is one of their newer tools.
Good luck.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on June 07, 2019, 06:04:34 PM
IME A Model kits require two weeks just for the PSR.  However this one looks pretty good and it is one of their newer tools.
Good luck.

Agreed re the early A-Model kits. I've heard some good reports about the more recent ones however, so best of luck with it  :thumbsup:

kitbasher

What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

AS.12

My first thought was to make it USAF but that actually would be real world! Kit comes with USAF option. Got to think something more exotic.

So I had to investigate that!  It turns out to be marked as 170709 ( its c/n ) which fled from Cuba to Florida and was tested at Wright-Patterson.

Don't have any more details yet, nor the full FY serial

Edit: found this report and photo in Flight, 1971:
https://www.flightglobal.com/FlightPDFArchive/1971/1971%20-%200430.PDF

It was originally one of the ten supplied to the Cuban air force.

After evaulation it went into storage at the Army museum at Fort Rucker, subsequently passed to a college as a technical training exhibit.