RAF Hornet FGR.2

Started by Devilfish, April 23, 2019, 01:55:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Devilfish

To go with my RN F/A-18 Hornet FRS.1, I have built its "crab" counterpart.

27 Sqn, RAF Waddington, 1980's

1/48 Hobbyboss F/A-18, as with the other one.

DSC_1047 by Paul Carter, on Flickr
DSC_1049 by Paul Carter, on Flickr
DSC_1048 by Paul Carter, on Flickr
DSC_1052 by Paul Carter, on Flickr
DSC_1055 by Paul Carter, on Flickr
DSC_1053 by Paul Carter, on Flickr
DSC_1054 by Paul Carter, on Flickr

Dizzyfugu

That livery suits the Hornet well!  :thumbsup:

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Agreed, very 'moody looking' .  :thumbsup:

Ian.
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

NARSES2

Certainly suits that scheme  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

kerick

That looks great on a Hornet!! I wish I had thought of that!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

TheChronicOne

-Sprues McDuck-

perttime

That is great!

Do you have an opportunity to take photos on a more plain background? It sort of disappears when all the other stuff on the desk is in the background.

Devilfish

Quote from: perttime on April 23, 2019, 11:13:46 AM
That is great!

Do you have an opportunity to take photos on a more plain background? It sort of disappears when all the other stuff on the desk is in the background.

The camo works then, lol

I've tried all sorts when it comes to photographing my models. The only area I have that's big enough to take pics, with reasonable light, is my desk. I can't clear it off to put a white sheet down, and if I put it over all the other stuff, it throws up too many shadows, and looks worse that this.
Eventually I plan to get a light box thing, but until I do, the photos will be dodgy.

perttime

Quote from: Devilfish on April 24, 2019, 02:33:42 AM
That is great!

The camo works then, lol

I've tried all sorts when it comes to photographing my models. The only area I have that's big enough to take pics, with reasonable light, is my desk. I can't clear it off to put a white sheet down, and if I put it over all the other stuff, it throws up too many shadows, and looks worse that this.
Eventually I plan to get a light box thing, but until I do, the photos will be dodgy.
Sure does  ;D

I've had some luck photograping things on the floor or carpet, and on a kitchen table that was cleared. Light is always essential. I open the curtains and switch all possible lighting on. Maybe bring the lamp that I have on the cluttered desk too. And often it still doesn't quite work.

Devilfish

Quote from: perttime on April 24, 2019, 06:17:26 AM
Quote from: Devilfish on April 24, 2019, 02:33:42 AM
That is great!

The camo works then, lol

Sure does  ;D

I've had some luck photograping things on the floor or carpet, and on a kitchen table that was cleared. Light is always essential. I open the curtains and switch all possible lighting on. Maybe bring the lamp that I have on the cluttered desk too. And often it still doesn't quite work.

That sounds simple, but in our house, the kitchen is more often than not in use, as my wife is a cake decorator.  On top of that, she likes the blinds down most of the time, as she's quite light sensitive, so getting light in is a major job in itself, lol.
I have very little floor space available, and light sources are semi-fixed.  I'm hoping, once our second "craft room" is up and running properly, I will have enough clear desk space to us as a photography area.

Captain Canada

That camo looks so right on her. Love the load out as well !

Cheers
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

zenrat

Had a customer in the Post Office today with a Winnipeg Jets Jacket on who looked bemused when I asked him if it was a Hornet on the logo.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..