Curtiss-Avia CF.28 Akorp

Started by Ed S, April 14, 2019, 06:24:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed S

A Curtiss-Avia CF.28 Akorp (Scorpion) of the Turkish AF. It is configured for an anti-tank mission during the 1980's border clashes between the Ottoman and Mongolian Empires.

This was my project for the current Scalearama GB over on BTS. I started with a PM Models 1/96 F-4E Phantom and converted it to a 1/72 Lightweight Fighter. Which is fine since this is 3/4 the size of a regular F-4. I reshaped the aft fuselage to take a single engine. I moved the wings aft and used the horizontal tails as canards. I replaced the cockpit with a single seat and new canopy.

The aft fuselage was reshaped around a piece of brass tube that fit the new engine perfectly.  Lots of epoxy putty!

For comparison, here it is next to a standard F-4.

And next to an F-16.

We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

PR19_Kit

Terrific piece of work there Ed.  :thumbsup:

A brill idea on scale-o-ramraing the small scale Phantom.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

Nice build for sure ! Looks great beside the F-16.

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

philp

Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

Tophe

The pictures are so big it is not easy to see (much more than a single screen)... :-\
But it seems a good model from the different parts I see. :thumbsup:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Tophe on April 14, 2019, 08:11:24 PM

The pictures are so big it is not easy to see (much more than a single screen)... :-\
But it seems a good model from the different parts I see. :thumbsup:

Right LEFT mouse click on the large pic Tophe and it should shrink down to the size if your window. It does on my laptop anyway.

[Later] Sorry, I got my left and right mixed up.  :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Air21

It looks a lot like some of the initial Lavi concepts in John Golan's book...

I love it  :wub:

NARSES2

That really has come out well Ed  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Tophe

I see very well now (thanks Kit) and I clap my hands at double strength! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]