HertiageCon 13 Haul

Started by Faust, March 31, 2019, 09:13:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faust

There's nothing like a good Model Show vendor's area to separate my money from my wallet! Last weekend (March 23) was the HeritageCon 13 in Hamilton, Ontario's Warplane Heritage Museum. This is a great show, and there were lots of vendors there plying their wares.

Of course, I managed to find the real treasures! Matchboxes and Snap Fit '80s trucks among others were filling my trunk on the way home. Check out my weekend's take below, and try not to be too jealous!

There's a  poll, to as to which one is your favourite. I might review the winner sooner than the others, so don't forget to vote!

https://adamrehorn.wordpress.com/heritagecon-13-haul-march-2019/

PR19_Kit

The Seafox, a cracking little (and I do mean little.......) model.

And even if you don't build it OOB that Napier Rapier engine is so Whiffable.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Faust

Good point on the Napier! I hadn't even thought of that!

The Rat

Looks like a nice grab! I was intending to make the trek from Pickering, but we're still clearing stuff out of Dad's house and last weekend we were rather busy.
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

JayBee

Totally agree with Kit.
The Seafox kit is the prize of that grab, I would love to get hold of one of them myself!

Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

zenrat

Seafoxes pop up here on Evil-Bay every so often and i'm always tempted but then pass on them.
Maybe next time...
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Captain Canada

Great stuff ! Like Rat, I've always meant to go. One of these days !

And for sure Kit. I had seen pics of that aeroplane growing up and thought she was a beast....then when I opened that kit ?

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?