Superkalifragilistigexpialigetisch

Started by Bungle, March 28, 2019, 03:48:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bungle

Mary Poppins German style WWI flying machine.

Hmmm a spark of an idea. Interesting !

An idea is formulating....
"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five." - Julius Henry Marx (Groucho)

Dizzyfugu

A flying bedstead with a 08/15 machine gun...?  :o

jcf

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on March 29, 2019, 01:00:39 AM

Flying bedstead is Bedknobs and Broomsticks.  :thumbsup:

rickshaw

I'd suggest an umbrella, myself...   :thumbsup:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

jcf

zenrat

Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on March 29, 2019, 09:20:37 AM
Quote from: Dizzyfugu on March 29, 2019, 01:00:39 AM

Flying bedstead is Bedknobs and Broomsticks.  :thumbsup:

Both Disney.  But Bedknobs & Broomsticks has the protagonists fighting the nazis.  It is set during the Battle of Britain.
I'm not sure if Mary Poppins is pre or post WW1 but Mary Poppins Returns is 1920's.
However, it is implied (if not explicitly stated) that Mary Poppins is eternal/immortal so there is no reason she could not be around to be involved in any conflict where children are in peril (which lets face it is most of them).

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on March 29, 2019, 09:40:01 PM
[
I'm not sure if Mary Poppins is pre or post WW1 but Mary Poppins Returns is 1920's.

I've always assumed Mary Poppins is set around 1910/1912 ? It's the kid's clothes in particular. However there are certain 1920's inspired pieces. The book might say but the film doesn't.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Quote from: NARSES2 on March 30, 2019, 04:14:51 AM
Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on March 29, 2019, 08:29:09 PM

I've always loved the footage of that shaking it'self to bits  ;D

It's one of the failures at the start of Those Magnificent Men isn't it?  All aircraft which would be eligible for entry in the current GB.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Bungle

May has been a nightmare for me !

Illness and a death in the family meant that I didn't think I'd get time to do any modelling but I've had a weekend of relative peace and quiet so can happily report I'm on my way.

I have pictures but I've let my ImageShack account lapse so while I get that back here's the kit I'm using as my basis for my entry

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/tauro-model-101-sturmpanzerwagen-a7v--133448
"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five." - Julius Henry Marx (Groucho)

zenrat

Quote from: Bungle on May 28, 2019, 01:58:06 AM
...here's the kit I'm using as my basis for my entry

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/tauro-model-101-sturmpanzerwagen-a7v--133448

My mind is boggling.

A good sesh at the bench can be therapeutic.  Hope it's left you feeling better about things than you did when you sat down.
Fred

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on May 28, 2019, 02:39:50 AM

My mind is boggling.

A good sesh at the bench can be therapeutic.  Hope it's left you feeling better about things than you did when you sat down.

Mine as well

Hope the rest of the year turns out better for you  :thumbsup:

Bungle

First chance I have had to sit down for a long session with any enthusiasm.

Father in law died quite suddenly and unexpectedly. Wife and her sister went away for the weekend to get away from it all (funeral was last week) so I had the time to myself.

ImageShack account back up and running (with all the photographs) so no excuse now.

Thanks for your kind comments.

Bungle

So to be honest not the best model I've ever tackled. I'm not a great lover of things without wings and along with the rather challenging few weeks (months) I'm surprised this one didn't have a high velocity meeting with a wall!

Anyway this was the kit (an Xmas present some years ago).

Not a lover of this 'soft' kind of plastic but I started with good intentions even painting the bits no one would see.

Thought I'd make it interesting by trying a camouflage like the USS Nebraska.

So on with a dirty white.

A bit of masking.... and bobs your mothers half brother but you didn't know that until you were older.

The initial idea was to be those little cocktail umbrellas but they were too big and the paper wouldn't take paint very well. Still I continued with a 'pusher motor to give it forward momentum.

and finally settled for cake decoration 'balloons' (a nightmare to paint.

Awful !

and yes I couldn't be bothered with the tracks. Individual links that needed to be fixed with fine wire.... no chance.

Steel Penguin

even if all youd done "extra" was the paint scheme that's a good un  :thumbsup:  but the rest is just  double plus  :thumbsup:
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!