BA do the timewarp

Started by Riksbar, March 04, 2019, 11:06:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riksbar

Whilst their recent 747 schemes were based on real aircraft (with some turn-back-time moments) their new A319 scheme is a definite What-If :wub:

Photo from Flight Global
"Inconceivable!"

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Riksbar on March 04, 2019, 11:06:24 AM

Whilst their recent 747 schemes were based on real aircraft (with some turn-back-time moments) their new A319 scheme is a definite What-If :wub:

And all the better for it.  :thumbsup:

That looks REALLY good.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

AeroplaneDriver

Whoa!!  I like that!  I've seen pics of some of the 747 retro schemes.  Wish they would do a British Caledonian...loved that scheme. 

At American we have either a 737 or A319/320/321 in the colors of all the airlines that ended up forming the current American Airlines. 

I think my favorite is the Reno Air 737 seen here:

http://www.aviationgazette.com/forum/topic/american-airlines-reveals-reno-air-retrojet/
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

PR19_Kit

Oh yes, I've got a decal sheet for that Reno MD-87, but I'd have to convert something for the MD-87 itself.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Dizzyfugu

That's sweet - and a nice alternative to most contemporary all-white (light grey) fuselages without cheatlines etc.

PR19_Kit

Nice that they've done at least one in a BEA scheme.

The 'Red Tail' scheme is good but the 'High Speed Jack' one was even better, so I hope they do something in that one too. Mind you, it'd cost a fortune for all the red paint on the wings!  ;D

Regards
Kit

Riksbar

"Inconceivable!"

JayBee

Well at least the undersides of the wings are painted red, that suits me fine. I well remember seeing Vanguards out of Glasgow for London passing overhead here (Prestwick) and the red undersides to the wings were SO obvious.  :wub:
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

AS.12

Shame they're ignoring all the pre-war liveries though.  A retro Hillman's Airways A321 would be lovely, medium blue up to the windowline and silver above.  Bisected reg on rear fuselage in opposing blue and silver.

And they wouldn't even have to bother with the wings!

Sigh.

kitnut617

I've always liked this retro scheme that Air Canada has on one of it's A319's

If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

JayBee

YE GODS!, Robert that takes me back many years to when I used to see TCA DC-8's here at Prestwick.
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

PR19_Kit

Regards
Kit

TheChronicOne

That looks really good. I can't stand the current trend of liveries. Throwbacks are the best. The new BOAC 747 throwback is another good one. 
-Sprues McDuck-

Martin H

I think the red square BEA scheme suits the 319. Would be nice if they would also do the speed jack scheme as well.

And if the Daily Mail report I saw is right, we will see my prefered BA scheme make a return on a 2nd "retro" 747.........The Landor scheme!
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Riksbar

Martin H, there will be a 747 in the Landor scheme but as it was originally delivered in that scheme it has no place here ;D

https://www.flightglobal.com/news/articles/pictures-landor-747-named-as-next-british-airways-r-456251
"Inconceivable!"