New Release

Started by Lonewulf, February 23, 2019, 06:06:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lonewulf

I have just released the first conversion of the year, the Focke Wulf Fw 190 TL.  Designed for the Tamiya Fw 190A-3, it provides a new nose cowl, cowl insert and two fuselage adaptors, one with annular exhaust the other with 3 exhausts.  Available via E-bay.  This was Focke Wulf's attempt to produce a jet fighter using the Fw 190 as a basis by replacing the BMW 801 with an annular combustion chamber jet that exhausted over the fuselage.  There were many problems with this installation not least the lack of suitable jet engines. 

elmayerle

What name do you use for selling on Ebay?  I definitely want to buy one, or more, of those conversions.
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

Mossie

Evan, do a search for Lonewulf Models and you'll find them, seller is swalbe321.  You might like the Hunter target too.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

elmayerle

It's weird, I couldn't find him on ebay.com but when I logged into ebay.co.uk I found him.  You have to love the strange interactions of the internet.

Addendum: And now EBay's being difficult about my purchasing a couple of these because they will need to be shipped to the USA.  I've sent in a request for an invoice for shipping to the USA.  I've got just the conversion kit to use with this one, an Aescala conversion to the "Falke" wing and swept horizontal tails.

Mossie

They'll look great combined. :thumbsup:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

elmayerle

Quote from: Mossie on February 25, 2019, 11:30:58 PM
I thought so.  I've also ordered the Tamiya kit to use as a starting point.  I'll have to look at possible weight and balance issues and may extend the tail aft ala' the Fw-190D.

Martin H

Quote from: elmayerle on February 27, 2019, 11:33:39 AM
Quote from: Mossie on February 25, 2019, 11:30:58 PM
I thought so.  I've also ordered the Tamiya kit to use as a starting point.  I'll have to look at possible weight and balance issues and may extend the tail aft ala' the Fw-190D.
Always the aero engineer.  :thumbsup: If anyone can make the TL "work" its likely to be you Evan  :mellow:
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Madoc

Wow.  eBay is really making it difficult.

I had to bring up eBay.co.uk in order to find any of swalbe321's items.  Even when I copied the Item # it still wouldn't come up on eBay.com here in the US.

I guess he's really not interested in selling to the US market either.
Wherever you go, there you are!

elmayerle

Quote from: Madoc on March 16, 2019, 07:12:22 PM
Wow.  eBay is really making it difficult.

I had to bring up eBay.co.uk in order to find any of swalbe321's items.  Even when I copied the Item # it still wouldn't come up on eBay.com here in the US.

I guess he's really not interested in selling to the US market either.
That's just eBay for you.  I had to go through the same process.  Once you've bid on or bought any of his items, they do show up on your eBay.com account (I've bought his Fw190TL and Sidetrack Harrier conversions this way, as well as bid and won on some other items he had).

Lonewulf

All items are cleared for sale to USA on e-bay, not sure why e-bay is making it so difficult.  Seriously considering getting a website back up and running.

elmayerle

Is there perhaps some way you can cross-register on ebay.com?  You might check with the good folk at The Aviation Bookshop because I have bought from them on eBay.com.

BTW, I have both the Fw.190TL conversions and the Sidetrack conversion and they are beautiful pieces of work.  I can't see the original Fw.190TL annular exhaust getting beyond the first mock-up review with the test pilots who would be flying it, so both of mine will be built with the other exhaust scheme.

Madoc

Just checked again and still no joy.

eBay insists that Lonewulf Models does not, in fact, exist.

And nor does swalbe321 bring up anything either.
Wherever you go, there you are!

elmayerle

As long as I can get to ebay.co.uk, I have no problem ordering his items and I likely will be ordering more from him (I'm thinking that the Junkers' canards and the V-tail, both for the me-163B, would be striking if used together).  Ebay.com is a mixed bag, I can go to the URL Thorvic posted, but I cannot then go to any other items he has for sale.

major

Ebay is being a complete pain, and I'm being very polite about it!
Find I have to basically go to each countries ebay site to search, and put in a zip/postcode for that country to search items.
If I use my 'local ebay', It throws up 'Buy Now' items from Ireland, and large quantity shops/sellers, mainly from Asia!
If I click on anything I fancy having a look at, It automatically resets to default, and I have to go through the whole process
of resetting my searches!  :banghead:

I have Bungle as one of my saved sellers, and would check every so often, to find that he had no items for sale.
Then someone here mentioned having made a purchase from aforementioned gentleman, through evilbay.
Off I went searching, and sure enough, found! :thumbsup:
But, It's a real pain in the A.., having to reset searches each time.

Ebay's response to the particular question?
Tumbleweed!!!!!
;D ;D ;D

Cheers... Ray