RCN Avengers

Started by Captain Canada, February 07, 2019, 10:30:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Canada

Although I still have to do some work to do on my little Avenger project, I thought I'd start a thread with all of my 'finds' whilst cleaning and preparing.

First off, three old 72nd scale birds of days gone by. One in the original, as delivered scheme, one in the later scheme, and then my old Gun Bucket, probably on the old site. It had 4 gun upper and ventral turrets, plus 4 wing mounted 20mm cannon.

This 48th scale single seater from another one of my old, ever expanding never-to-be-completed projects. It was going to be an article about a joint RCAF/ RCN exercise on the East Coast. 2 Sea Horses, 2 Spitfires, 1 Hurricane, 1 Avenger, 2 B-25s and a Merlin engined Vampire. Some day eh ? But we all know what John F. Fogerty says....

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Three kits that I hope to add to this thread.

I opened up one of the boxes to reveal all of my forgotten goodies

EZ Mask set

KMC detail set

KMC wing fold set

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Magna set with the vac 'greenhouse' canopies.

Falcon triple-conversion set AEW fuselage

I've also got a line on the Scobie-Do productions set that includes resin, vac and decals.
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

PR19_Kit

Love the look of that wingfold set Cap'n.  :thumbsup:

Are those KMC guys still in business?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

Kendall ? I'm not sure. I may have a second one of those sets around. I was buying like a wee nutter when I got my 'real' job and the kids weren't all that expensive as babies  :-\
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

NARSES2

Quote from: Captain Canada on February 07, 2019, 11:55:00 AM
Kendall ? I'm not sure. I may have a second one of those sets around. I was buying like a wee nutter when I got my 'real' job and the kids weren't all that expensive as babies  :-\

I think we've all done something similar, especially when returning to the hobby.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Captain Canada

I found my second set of Avenger wing folds. And I have ordered my Scobie Do resin/ vac/ decal set. So that's cool !

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

McColm