Junkers Ju-87Y Stukaka

Started by Tophe, January 25, 2019, 06:31:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tophe

from http://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php/topic,46069.60.html
Quote from: Tophe on January 12, 2019, 09:53:32 AM
My father sent me money unexpectedly for the new year, in case this is his last year (or mine) :-\
I ordered at Unicraft the Kogiken III twin-fuselage and the Mitsubishi Zero twin-boomer (radial Fokker D-XXIII), then a 1/144 F-16 to complete (I will turn it into a tail-sitter), and there was still a little money remaining: a Zwezda Ju-87 1/144. Thanks Daddy! ;D
The tiny Ju-87 arrived today.
The backstory is that in 1944, a captured Ju-87 Stuka was given to French free engineers to be butchered as a revenge for their families killed in 1940 by this bomber, and they made a completely innocent thing from it. Stukaka does not mean anything but caca is a bad word for poo.
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Tophe

There was so huge a number of parts (eight), I will not use them all, just six of them:

Tophe

Tophe

Discarding extra sub-parts, the model is taking shape:

Now, putty...
Besides, it will be a T-tail.

dumaniac

interesting - looking forward to the next stage

zenrat

I like the name.
A Stukaka sounds like something that would drop fertiliser onto fields.  Diving to deposit it into the exact spot it was required.
;D
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Tophe

Thanks!
Sanding is done, first sanding because imperfect, so putty again (the putty tube is not huge: the model is very small)...:

Tophe

Tophe

The tailplane and the vertical things are glued now.
The evil memory of the Stuka was related to its W-wing, spats, siren, all that was removed. Now on the Ju-87Y there is retractable undercarriage, the vertical devices are radars (for safety, not for Killing), and there is full silence (not even the sound of an engine):

NARSES2

Now that looks like the type of grainy photograph you quite often see of 1930's project models. Especially Soviet ones  ;)  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Tophe

There is an explanation about the picture. My Corel PhotoPaint software is not working currently (because I had to repair the computer).
So I used MS Paint to handle the picture of today, and it is less performing in pixel softening/grades, sorry...

NARSES2

Quote from: Tophe on January 31, 2019, 06:20:21 AM
There is an explanation about the picture. My Corel PhotoPaint software is not working currently (because I had to repair the computer).
So I used MS Paint to handle the picture of today, and it is less performing in pixel softening/grades, sorry...

Don't apolgise Tophe, it looks good  :thumbsup:

As said I could imagine seeing it in a reference book on "Soviet secret projects of the 1930's"
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Tophe

Thanks.
The model is now half-painted (the underside is painted and dry).
You see, this is a tiny model...

Tophe

Then painting the side above.

When dry, I will paint the canopy and this will be finished (tomorrow probably)

kerick

" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise