1:35 Land Rover, or, from now on: The Flying Panther

Started by Sticky Fingers, January 24, 2019, 02:14:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sticky Fingers

Right. I was all ready to open my first build topic in years, uploaded a bunch of photo's to Photo Bucket, and now it seems PB is its usual self and decided to show only three or four of the 20 I uploaded. Sooooo...... Can anyone recommend a good alternative? I could use my Deviantart account but I don't want to upload a bunch of in-progress stuff up there. It has to be free because I'm skint.

This is one of the ones I can see, so it'll have to do for now. Call is a teaser  ;D

nighthunter

"Mind that bus." "What bus?" *SPLAT!*

Weaver

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

zenrat

Free Flickr will be very limited soon.  It's not too pricey to go pro but it is still a cost.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

scooter

Quote from: nighthunter on January 24, 2019, 03:41:00 PM
Imgur.com

I second Imgur.  And you don't have to make your photos public
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Sticky Fingers

Imgur it is! Thanks guys.

So here goes. I had this kit in my stash for a long time, from before the time of Whif. I had build one before, about 40 years ago, back when, when all the parts were glued together I was happy. No paint or anything. This time I had planned to build it not quite o.o.t.b. but in regular green outfit, with normal road wheels, and with the trailer from Accurate Armour. So I duly ordered those, along with some sheets of photoetched parts from Eduard, only to keep it all gathering dust for a long time.

Of course, I wouldn't be posting such mundane builds  ;D
Wanting to builld something futuristic, but not too scifi-ish (does that make sense?) I thought I'd keep the shape, but give the Pink Panther a twist.
So here's the Flying Panther   :mellow:

Following are photo's of the progress so far. First the chassis. Lots and lots of time spend on searching for suitable greebles:

The anti-gravity thingammabobs. Part Landrover, part 1:24 black cab, and for the front 'wheels", part 1:12 motorcycle:

Work on the intake: I cut a hole in the bonnet, where originally the spare wheel would fit, dug up an f-14 engine part, some sheet styrene and a bit of mesh:

And that brings us to the here and now:

I'm now working on the interior, no pics yet.

Ahhhhh it's good to be back  :cheers:

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Weaver

Interesting! :thumbsup:

A question, if I may? If it's flying by means of anti-gravity thingammabobs, then what are the intake and fan for?

Personally I prefer thingummybobs to thingammabobs: they're less radioactive and more sticky..... ;)

Quote from: zenrat on January 25, 2019, 12:04:33 AM
Free Flickr will be very limited soon.  It's not too pricey to go pro but it is still a cost.

Free Flickr is already limited to 1000 pics.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones

scooter

Quote from: Weaver on January 26, 2019, 03:00:12 AM
Personally I prefer thingummybobs to thingammabobs: they're less radioactive and more sticky..... ;)

Unless they're the sugar-free thingummybobs.  :wacko:
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Sticky Fingers

Thanks, people!
... then what are the intake and fan for?
Cooling the whatsitcalled that powers the thingammabobs? Or maybe cooling the pilot's feet? Aircon? Extra uplift for driving over houses? Your guess is as good as mine  :lol:
Basically it's there because it looks good in my opinion :mellow:

Weaver

Quote from: Sticky Fingers on January 26, 2019, 04:20:20 AM
Thanks, people!
... then what are the intake and fan for?
Cooling the whatsitcalled that powers the thingammabobs? Or maybe cooling the pilot's feet? Aircon? Extra uplift for driving over houses? Your guess is as good as mine  :lol:
Basically it's there because it looks good in my opinion :mellow:

Fair enough!  ;D :thumbsup:

Do remember not to hang the sand channels on the side.... :wacko:

- Indiana Jones

Sticky Fingers

I thought about using one of the photoetched sand channels as a windscreen, but it looked too Mad Max  ;)

Sticky Fingers

Working on the ... pilot? Driver? Uhm... Piver?

He's of mixed styrene: half German, half Russian, half American...  ;D
I had to cut and re-glue his fingertips to form them around the steering wheel. The hoses coming from his mask, one for oxygen, one for his beverage of choice, are going into the white styrene box that is now glued where the passenger seat would have lived. His other arm will be attached in place at a later date, when I figure out what he's actually doing with that one. I'll come up with something.

:cheers:

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.