F4U Corsair, Soviet,

Started by JayBee, January 03, 2019, 09:42:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayBee

OK people, somebody recently posted an image of a Soviet operated F4U Corsair, possibly from on-line media.
Where is it please?
I am not a TWIT or a FACEBLOCKER, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jim
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

kitbasher

What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

JayBee

Thanks Dave that fits the bill.

Jim
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

kitbasher

You should build a Soviet Barracuda to go with it.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Army of One

I did a Finnish one....with an Avenger to go with it.....
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: kitbasher on January 03, 2019, 10:06:09 AM
Try dizzyfugu - Google threw up pictures by him, Jim.  See https://www.google.com/search?q=Soviet+F4U+Corsair&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiJ4OC3mdLfAhU5UxUIHQipBwkQ_AUIDigB&biw=1920&bih=938#imgrc=9YZI_uxt3eCN9M:

The original concept comes from PantherG (somewhere in his vast/long thread in the respective forum section); the Lend Lease F4U I built is actually based on one of two profile drawings - one was in ex USN colors, the other carried a more Soviet paint scheme like a late La-5/7, with two greys on the upper surfaces and blue undersides.