Martin P-74D Mamba

Started by TomZ, December 30, 2018, 11:38:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomZ

Martin P-74D Mamba

When the Martin Baker MB-5 entered service with the RAF in 1945, the US Air Force showed a great interest in the aircraft as a possible replacement for the aging P-51 Mustang. The MB-5 showed better performance than the Mustang both in speed and manoeuvrability.

The Martin company in the USA acquired a license to produce the MB-5 for the USAAF as the P-74 Mamba.

TomZ
http://www.airwar1946.nl/index.htm

Reality is an illusion caused by an alcohol deficiency

kitnut617

And I like that one even better   :wub: :wub: :wub:

Just a comment though, the main gear legs should be sloped more to the front, the wheel axle is in line with the wing leading edge.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

PR19_Kit

Quote from: kitnut617 on December 30, 2018, 11:42:32 AM

Just a comment though, the main gear legs should be sloped more to the front, the wheel axle is in line with the wing leading edge.

And then the lower doors re-aligned to their bottom edge is parallel with the ground too.

The model looks great and the scheme really suits it. A pity it didn't happen for real really.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

It's an absolute natural in those markings  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

JayBee

Utterly GORGEOUS  :wub:
What scale is it, and have you fitted a longer canopy?

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

kitnut617

It looks like the AZ MB-6 kit Jim judging by that canopy, and I had the same problem with the u/c on the one I built not long ago.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

JayBee

Ah! I do believe you are correct Robert. I did not think of that as the MB-6 Ferret is not a kit that I have taken on. I am still battling with their MB-5.
Anyway happy New Year when it arrives.  :party: :cheers: :drink: :thumbsup:
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

TomZ

Quote from: kitnut617 on December 31, 2018, 07:40:41 AM
It looks like the AZ MB-6 kit Jim judging by that canopy, and I had the same problem with the u/c on the one I built not long ago.

Correct. It is!

TomZ
Reality is an illusion caused by an alcohol deficiency

chrisonord

The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Tophe

Your photographs do prove this is a "true life story", not a dream at all! :thumbsup:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]