Author Topic: FW190A8 - Finished pics pg 3  (Read 1967 times)

Online zenrat

• Needs A Life Outside What-If
  • Currently on double secret probation.
Re: FW190A8
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2018, 01:01:29 am »
Yes, there is critical limit to the size of PE pieces below which time spent trying to pick them up and attach them to the model rather than to ones fingers, tweezers, cocktail sticks etc is greater than time spent building the model.

There has been a small (about 5mm) spider running backwards and forwards across my bench while i've been trying to work recently.  I think it stole the instrument panel.

Despite the slowness this kit is going together precisely and unless I have made a ghastly error it promises to fit together very well with minimal PSR.  Which is what I was looking for.  I've even rescribed the panel lines obliterated sanding the gun lumps off.  Which is unlike me.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 01:04:15 am by zenrat »
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Offline NARSES2

• Nick was always on his mind - just ask the Pet Shop Boys
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2018, 06:22:24 am »

There has been a small (about 5mm) spider running backwards and forwards across my bench while i've been trying to work recently.  I think it stole the instrument panel.

Train it for those small P.E. parts, spiders are meant to be quite intelligent  ;) Mind you given you are in Aus' it's probably poisonous  :angel:
Decals my @r$e!

Online zenrat

« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2018, 07:26:44 pm »

Train it for those small P.E. parts, spiders are meant to be quite intelligent  ;) Mind you given you are in Aus' it's probably poisonous  :angel:

I'm not intending to eat it Chris. 
 :mellow:

Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Online zenrat

« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2018, 05:34:05 am »
As with the Drag Cab, baby steps.  There are a number of small parts inside the wings which I have been taking my time with to ensure the best fit I can manage.
I have also dobbed filler into the brass ejector ports on the wing undersides.

Fred

Online zenrat

« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2018, 12:05:11 am »
Wings, tails, rudder and cowlings on top of the engine and in front of the cockpit are now in place so it looks like a hairoplane.
Some trimming of flying surfaces has been done.  Not a lot but enough to be noticeable.

Fred

Offline rickshaw

« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2018, 03:37:45 pm »

Everything demands a sacrifice, in one form or another, Chris...  ;)
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Online zenrat

« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2019, 01:10:35 am »
I do believe this is now ready to have it's various orifices blocked before a squirt of primer is applied.
Some filler will be needed on the upper wing roots.  Not a lot, but something needs to be put in the gaps.
Fred

Online zenrat

« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2019, 01:45:00 am »
Painted.  This is the colour coat.  I am drawing up and printing the decals which are based on those used by car racing teams sponsored by a maker of vermouth.
FW-190 WIP 06-01-2019 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Fred

Offline Dizzyfugu

• Lots of works in my FlickR gallery
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2019, 02:21:25 am »
Cheers!  :cheers:

Offline PR19_Kit

• Closeted Take That fan
  • What-IF SIG
  • Whiffing since the 70s
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2019, 04:45:48 am »

Painted.  This is the colour coat.  I am drawing up and printing the decals which are based on those used by car racing teams sponsored by a maker of vermouth.

Red and blue stripes then?  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Online zenrat

« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2019, 03:30:06 am »
I couldn't possibly comment.
 :mellow:
Fred

Online zenrat

« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2019, 03:13:36 am »
Touch ups, bare metal panels and washes.
Fred

Online zenrat

« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2019, 12:20:54 am »
Fred

Online zenrat

« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2019, 04:25:26 am »
I printed the decals last night and sealed them today.  I should be able to put them on tomorrow.

Fred

Online zenrat

« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2019, 12:10:08 am »
Fred