US Navy submarine aircraft carrier

Started by Doug K, November 21, 2018, 12:18:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug K

I've seen stuff on the ideas of submarine carriers before but this piece shows more detail than most. Mach 3 VTOL anyone?

https://www.popularmechanics.com/military/navy-ships/a25241538/submarine-aircraft-carrier-us-navy/

KJ_Lesnick

The last thing we need are more drones, what happens if control is lost?
That being said, I'd like to remind everybody in a manner reminiscent of the SNL bit on Julian Assange, that no matter how I die: It was murder (even if there was a suicide note or a video of me peacefully dying in my sleep); should I be framed for a criminal offense or disappear, you know to blame.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: KJ_Lesnick on November 24, 2018, 01:28:11 PM

The last thing we need are more drones, what happens if control is lost?

Wishful thinking I'm afraid, there's LOADS of them here already.

And they'll crash, just like real aeroplanes do when control is lost.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

elmayerle

Quote from: Doug K on November 21, 2018, 12:18:56 PM
I've seen stuff on the ideas of submarine carriers before but this piece shows more detail than most. Mach 3 VTOL anyone?

https://www.popularmechanics.com/military/navy-ships/a25241538/submarine-aircraft-carrier-us-navy/
Hmm, I could just see such a boat launching navalized Navaho missiles instead of those fighters.  I suspect the sizes would be about the same.
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

PR19_Kit

Quote from: elmayerle on April 17, 2019, 04:06:42 PM

Hmm, I could just see such a boat launching navalized Navaho missiles instead of those fighters.  I suspect the sizes would be about the same.

Navaho!  :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Cobra

Very Interesting Guys,Why did i Almost start humming the UFO Theme? this is Something that Sounds Wild & Almost says Skydiver on Steroids :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:Anyone Planning to Build This? Dan