Dassault Mirage F-1C RAAF ARDU "Fanta Can"

Started by zenrat, November 21, 2018, 03:01:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Dassault Mirage F-1C RAAF ARDU

When the RAAF purchase new types of aircraft an example is assigned to the ARDU (Aircraft Research & Development Unit) for appraisal.
A high visibility paint scheme is applied when it is deemed necessary to aid with observations.  The white/orange variation is commonly known as "Fanta Can" after a popular brand of sugar water.
Mirage F-1C024 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Mirage F-1C009 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Mirage F-1C021 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Mirage F-1C003 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

The Model:
Hasegawa Dassault Mirage F-1C
Aftermarket decals (intended for Mirage III)
Kit built OOB apart from removing the  wingtip rocket rails and drilling holes in the airbrakes.
Painted with Vallejo acrylics and DIY warehouse rattle can enamel.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Weaver

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

PR19_Kit

A super looking model of a super looking aeroplane!  :thumbsup:

That scheme makes the 'Needle Nose' look of the F1 look even 'Needlier'!  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

loupgarou

Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

KiwiZac

That looks great! I've never paid much attention to the F.1 before but this is very cool. Top notch job!

That said, Fanta Can makes anything good ;-)
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Scotaidh

Very nice!  I've always liked the F.1 - such a design-departure for Dassault, and they nailed it.  I mean, their try at a "conventional-winged" fighter, and to me it typifies the "French Fighter" look - neat & tidy, elegant, looks fast & deadly sitting still.  I have a mental image their design shop getting the brief, shrugging, "If we must - here you go, monsieur - can we go back to delta wings now?"

So, per your write-up, the RAAF does that for all aircraft under consideration?  If so, then you've got justification for a shed-load of aircraft - whatever you want, really!  Much more than a six-pack!  :)  I can see it now - an An-225 Mriya (Cossack) next to an F-23 Black Widow 'Redback' (re-named for Aussie service because of local mods to suit local operational requirements, much in the way Israel has modded the F-16).

;D
I don't suppose they have a set of "fanta" Ground Support Equipment, just to handle these aircraft?
Thistle dew, Pig - thistle dew!

Where am I going?  And why am I in a handbasket?

It's dark in the dark when it's dark. Ancient Ogre Proverb

"All right, boyz - the plan iz 'Win.'  And if ya lose, it's yer own fault 'coz ya didn't follow the plan."

comrade harps

Whatever.

Doug K

manuel

:mellow:  :thumbsup:
I'm on regular blue Mirage but yours  it's great.
Manuel
The bicycle is the most civilized conveyance known to man.  Other forms of transport grow daily more nightmarish.  Only the bicycle remains pure in heart.  ~Iris Murdoch, The Red and the Green

TomZ

Reality is an illusion caused by an alcohol deficiency

rickshaw

Good,  Indeed, excellent.   You need to change the serial though, mate.  A3 refers to the Mirage III family in RAAF service...  ;)
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Glenn

Great stuff...about time we got the Mirages back!
Glenn