Midsomer Liberation Army BTR 152, June 2019

Started by nönöbär, November 04, 2018, 06:41:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nönöbär

Midsomer Liberation Army BTR 152, June 2019

The Vehicle:

In early summer of 2019, things changed in Britain. Supply and fuel shortages caused an uproar among the population, and among the whole country gangs and armed groups formed to fight for more power and influence.

But not in Midsomer County. While some smaller uprisings took place in Causton, they were soon calmed down by the Midsomer constabulary. It was feared that the riots that took place in surrounding areas would again sweep into Midsomer, the Midsomer Military History Association - located in Badgers Drift - decided that they had to stand up and react.
Soon they rearmed all available vehicles in their collection - and formed the Midsomer Liberation Army. Running patrols in the complete area of Midsomer County, their actions were not liked at the beginning by the local police forces.

However it seemed that the MLA, now consisting of 98 members, was able to secure the area, and everywhere where their vehicles running the badger flag were seen the typical Midsomer way of living could be continuedmaps.

Among the vehicles of the MLA was three Soviet build BTR 152 were used. Originally belonging to the collection of the MMHA they were used as troop transports and quipped with a machine gun. One of them - shown in the model - also had a small double missile launcher, but this one never had to be used.     

The Model:

This is a 1/72 ICM model of a BTR 152. although quite simple, its a good fit to build. Little detail, I have built another one of those kits before, the other had metal axles, this one only had plastic ones.
The kit was enhanced with several parts of the spare parts box, like anchor chains form Heller 1/400 scale ship, the camo nets were made from  old gauze that has been painted. The model was airbrushed and painted with Revell Aqua Color.

Daily updates from my engineer: https://twitter.com/Scratchbr1

--------------------
German Naval History               : www.german-navy.de
Bärenreisen                             : www.barenurlaub.de

Steel Penguin

like it  :thumbsup:
nice job on the model, and a very good one with the story.
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

Mossie

Lovely little model.  :thumbsup:.

Must have been murder building it!  ;D
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Weaver

Looks good!  :thumbsup:

Quipping with a machine-gun is an old English tradition, of course. Oscar Wilde was a early adopter and proponent of the Maxim Gun, while Noel Coward took advantage of the Bren's portability to make sure that he was always ready to deliver a pithy put-down.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

nönöbär

Quote from: Mossie on November 04, 2018, 10:21:02 AM
Lovely little model.  :thumbsup:.

Must have been murder building it!  ;D

Midsomer County is such a nice and idyllic place, I doubt that there would ever be a Mdsomer Murder there.....  ;D

--------------------

dumaniac

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Mrs z and I have a theory that it was Joyce and Tully doing all the murders while poor old Tom had his work cut out covering up and framing a suitable miscreant.

They never had a model themed episode did they?  Murder at the Causton Model Expo...
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on November 05, 2018, 04:27:14 PM

They never had a model themed episode did they?  Murder at the Causton Model Expo...

One of the few things they haven't, mind you they're still making it  :-X
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

nighthunter

I personally enjoyed the Father Brown Mysteries.
"Mind that bus." "What bus?" *SPLAT!*

NARSES2

Quote from: nighthunter on November 06, 2018, 07:30:39 AM
I personally enjoyed the Father Brown Mysteries.

So did I, but he wasn't Midsomer, was he ?

nönöbär

It seems as if there are a few Midsomer fans here.... ;D

The only episode I know that comes a bit close to models was the the with the minature village. Not the models we usually do, but at least a miniature town. And a murder of course. And a few that had some references back to WW2 at least.

But something strange going on at the Midsomer Scale Modelers Conventrion would be nice....  ;D ;D ;D ;D

A few years ago - while being on vacation in Britain - my GF and I made a day tour to several filimg locations of Midsomer Murders, and found several spots as they were on TV. On this tour we went to the Buckinghamshire Railways Center which also took part in a few episodes. So at least we had some trains :)

--------------------

Weaver

The only episode I want to see is the one in which a life-insurance salesman is found dead in Midsomer, and after much investigation, it turns out to be suicide...
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

chrisonord

Liking that!! :thumbsup:
I have a few different versions in Cartel service, and yours has given me some inspiration for searching out and building another one.
Chris
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!