It's only rock 'n' roll

Started by McColm, October 13, 2018, 06:30:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

McColm

Bands and singers have hired all sorts of aircraft when on tour. Some have even bought them for their own personal use and decorated the interior to their own taste.
There are decals you can buy in 1/144 and 1/72 to decorate scale model aircraft.
I have a Playfix Playmakers British Airways Trident which would look great with a few Harry Potter stickers on it.

PR19_Kit

Minicraft do complete kits of quite a few 'Band Busses' in their 1/144 range, usually 707s or 720s.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

McColm

When researching the Lockheed Constellation the Rolling Stones hired one.

Mossie

Revell do a boxing  of Iron Maiden's Ed Force One.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Weaver

One of my Shorts Skyvans is reserved for the day when I feel confident enough to paint it up as Budgie's Bud Force One (World Tour Of Wales) band bus... :wacko:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Weaver

Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 13, 2018, 09:38:42 AM
Minicraft do complete kits of quite a few 'Band Busses' in their 1/144 range, usually 707s or 720s.

Roden do a series of the 720s 'Starship' and 'Caesar's Chariot' in different band liveries too.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Rheged

Madame Rheged, who toured America with the Scottish National Orchestra and Edinburgh Festival Chorus many years ago, points out that they had 3 (yes, three) chartered aircraft to move them around. One for the musicians, one for sopranos and altos and one for tenors and basses.  She asks if anyone can see any Whiffery potential here?
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Weaver on October 13, 2018, 08:24:53 PM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 13, 2018, 09:38:42 AM

Roden do a series of the 720s 'Starship' and 'Caesar's Chariot' in different band liveries too.

Darn it, I got that round my neck, sorry.  :banghead:

It's Roden that I meant did the band specific models, 707s and 720s.

I should have known better, Roden are the ONLY company who make a 720 anyway.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Anyone do a Lynyrd Skynyrd CV-240?

:o
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: Rheged on October 14, 2018, 12:19:36 AM
Madame Rheged, who toured America with the Scottish National Orchestra and Edinburgh Festival Chorus many years ago, points out that they had 3 (yes, three) chartered aircraft to move them around. One for the musicians, one for sopranos and altos and one for tenors and basses.  She asks if anyone can see any Whiffery potential here?

I'm fascinated that they felt it necessary to keep the sopranos and altos separate from the tenors and basses ? I assume that's basically a female/male split ? I mean we had male altos at school and I have recollections of a female tenor appearing in something I saw at the Albert Hall, but the memories are shaky.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Scotaidh

Quote from: Rheged on October 14, 2018, 12:19:36 AM

Many much wiffery potential there.  They must have a logo, no? 
What aircraft were used?  Ideally, of course, it'd be Scottish Aviation's largest aircraft - but that was the Twin Pioneer, IIRC.  ;)  Oh - tell a lie - Wiki-might-be-right says that SA also had Jetstreams.  Bit small to ferry around an orchestra, I'd have thought, although faster than a Twin Pioneer.   :)

Thistle dew, Pig - thistle dew!

Where am I going?  And why am I in a handbasket?

It's dark in the dark when it's dark. Ancient Ogre Proverb

"All right, boyz - the plan iz 'Win.'  And if ya lose, it's yer own fault 'coz ya didn't follow the plan."

Rheged

For what its worth , a full symphony orchestra is 110 people, including instrument handlers etc.  275 singers in total, but Madame tells me that they split into smoking/non-smoking aircraft when they assembled at Prestwick to set off.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Scotaidh on October 14, 2018, 07:57:10 AM

Bit small to ferry around an orchestra, I'd have thought, although faster than a Twin Pioneer.   :)

Almost anything's faster than a Twin Pioneer, including most helicopters!  :o

Maybe not a single Pioneer though...........

Regards
Kit

McColm

From my experience at working on security at the Royal Albert Hall. Orchestras have to be assembled in a certain way due to the Union rules and regulations. Which is the same when the orchestra is moving from venue to venue. Vehicles are assigned to sections of the orchestra.

Scotaidh

I was unable to discover if the SNO has a logo.  One could always make do with the Scottish Lion and the Saltire, I suppose, but it seems a bit generic. 
Thinking about aircraft size, what about a Britannia? 
As a lad, I once flew in one of those from Nairobi to London.  I had a lovely seat next to the spinner - the starboard inner, of course.  I remember the tip had a bit of a wobble ... such was in-flight entertainment back then.  :)
Thistle dew, Pig - thistle dew!

Where am I going?  And why am I in a handbasket?

It's dark in the dark when it's dark. Ancient Ogre Proverb

"All right, boyz - the plan iz 'Win.'  And if ya lose, it's yer own fault 'coz ya didn't follow the plan."