Royal Canadian Navy CUH-1D Huey

Started by The Big Gimper, October 10, 2018, 07:59:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Big Gimper

The CAF (post unification) purchased 10 UH-1Hs originally designed CUH-1H but became the CH-118. They only saw service with the Air Force.  This build is base on an earlier purchase (1965-ish) before unification where the RCN and RCAF get Hueys and they are painted in the service current colours.  (Hint: RCAF Huey in the works)

This is 1/72 ECSI UH-1D. Nice little kit but real pain to build given all small and clear parts.  There are 21+parts for the interior. Only 20 Parts for the air frame.

This scheme is based on the Sea Kings as seen in 1965-68. Note the new Canadian Flag on the tail.  Since there are no known RCN CUH-1D decal sheets, I used noless than 6 separate sources. And yes, the upper side of the blades were grey. I'm quite chuffed as to how it turned out. Painted with a hairy stick.

RCN-CUH-1D-03
by Big Gimper, on Flickr

RCN-CUH-1D-02
by Big Gimper, on Flickr

RCN-CUH-1D-01
by Big Gimper, on Flickr

RCN-CUH-1D (2)
by Big Gimper, on Flickr

Added family photo of just finished RCAF CUH-1D

Two-Hueys-01
by Big Gimper, on Flickr
Work In Progress ::

Lots of stuff

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

That must be a Whiff, if only because it's here, but it looks as if it isn't.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 12, 2018, 03:43:06 AM
That must be a Whiff, if only because it's here, but it looks as if it isn't.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I know what you mean it just looks right
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kitnut617

Quote from: NARSES2 on October 12, 2018, 06:14:13 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 12, 2018, 03:43:06 AM

I know what you mean it just looks right

Yeah, I had to look twice ---- and then go do a google search ----  :o   Nice one Carl  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

The Rat

One of those 'should have been' models!  :thumbsup:
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles
Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

The Big Gimper

Thanks for the good vibes.

RCAF Huey is next.
Work In Progress ::

Lots of stuff

Captain Canada

Love it ! Looks right at home in those colours eh ? But, you'd better not be trying to take away my Sea Kings ! lol
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?