DSC_0748 by Todd Pomerleau, on Flickr
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

ericr

kerick

Looks like the whole ship might be a whiff
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

PR19_Kit

The notice on the wall says it's the 'USS South Dakota' and the hull number, 57, stacks up with that, but those bow gun tubs don't look anything like the bows on the real ship, at least according to pics I've found.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

loupgarou

Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 07, 2018, 11:50:45 PM
The notice on the wall says it's the 'USS South Dakota' and the hull number, 57, stacks up with that, but those bow gun tubs don't look anything like the bows on the real ship, at least according to pics I've found.

Did WW2 ships already have the bulb on the bow?
Anyway, the wall big plaque says "Battleship X - Old nameless".  ;)
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

NARSES2

Thanks for posting Capt.

Quote from: ericr on October 07, 2018, 07:20:09 PM
Seabolts !  :o

My thoughts exactly. They look fantastic as does the whole thing.

What scale is it ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

steelpillow

Not intentionally a whiffy design as well as markings, but it might as well have been. The Blohm & Voss P 214 was a paper design for a near-suicidal interceptor which the pilot bailed out of just before it rammed its bomber victim and exploded. No definitive images are known. The Internet muddled it up with the equally speculative MGRP project by an independent designer. The Military Aviation Museum at Virginia Beach decided to build a "replica" around a handful of salvaged cockpit parts, of dubious parentage. I love it (though not for the reasons intended!):

Cheers.

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Weaver

That prop-driven thing behind it in the second pic is a Hutter ram-plane, isn't it?
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Morpheus in Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones '

reddfoxx

I have a picture somewhere of a Concorde in TWA colors at the EAA museum.  Interesting thread topic; I'll keep my eyes peeled when I'm out and about!

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: Weaver on October 10, 2018, 05:11:05 AM
That prop-driven thing behind it in the second pic is a Hutter ram-plane, isn't it?

Looks pretty much like one - another quasi-replica!

tahsin

The P-47 is seriously let down by the windscreen and they have done it twice...

Leading Observer

That Seabolt ain't going anywhere with that ziptie round the float. I hope THAT's not to scale ;D
LO

Observation is the most enduring of lifes pleasures

JoeP

Quote from: loupgarou on October 07, 2018, 11:53:48 PM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 07, 2018, 11:50:45 PM

Did WW2 ships already have the bulb on the bow?
Anyway, the wall big plaque says "Battleship X - Old nameless".  ;)

Battleship X and Old Nameless were security code names given to USS South Dakota during WW2.
It is definitely a vague interpretation of the original. There are many details large and small that deviate significantly from the real ship.
I wonder when it was built? That's a lot of work for something so imaginary, given the volume of available resources.
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.