Anyone know who made this ?

Started by NARSES2, August 12, 2018, 12:24:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Whilst digging for something else yesterday I came across a complete resin fuselage, including integrally moulded cockpit "tub" for the proposed version of the Westland Whirlwind with the 37mm cannon, it was tested with a 20mm. It's a very well produced piece.

Very simple A5 instruction sheet that's just a photocopy of a typed original. I think the kit may originally have included wheels as well, but they are somewhere else in that box that would appear to be a treasure trove of resin bits and bobs.

So does anyone (Robert, Lee) know who made it ?

Meanwhile I have the Special Hobby kit of this version of the Whirlwind in the stash.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kitnut617

The big book doesn't really say Chris, Pavla did one though.  But I have a Whirlwind which has the 37mm cannon option too, I'll see if I can find it. I don't think it's resin though.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

JayBee

Try talking to OGL, as I am pretty sure he did this one at one point.
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

The Wooksta!

It's one of Martin's.  Airfix Whirlwind fuselage with the 37mm nose from the SH kit grafted on and then moulded and cast.  I have one somewhere too.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"She's died?!?  Then how's she meant to get the shopping home?"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

NARSES2

Quote from: The Wooksta! on August 12, 2018, 06:36:35 AM
It's one of Martin's.  Airfix Whirlwind fuselage with the 37mm nose from the SH kit grafted on and then moulded and cast.  I have one somewhere too.

Given the SH kit isn't that old I think I would have remembered getting it from Martin and I don't remember even having this, let alone where I got it from. I don't think I'm getting that old, but who knows  ;)

Just compared the two and the detail on the shelf behind the cockpit is slightly different on the resin one as well. Mind you there isn't that much on either.

Next time I take some in progress photos I'll take one of it and get it up along with the instructions.

Cheers lads
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Wooksta!

I think it's about 6 years old, given that the SH kit came out around 2011.  I'm sure Martin gave me mine in 2012 because it was before I left NCJ and that was 2013.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"She's died?!?  Then how's she meant to get the shopping home?"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

kitnut617

I seem to remember Martin posting something about it now that you mention it

Quote from: The Wooksta! on August 12, 2018, 11:22:38 AM
I think it's about 6 years old, given that the SH kit came out around 2011.  I'm sure Martin gave me mine in 2012 because it was before I left NCJ and that was 2013.

Just had a look for threads on Whirlwinds and Martin made a post on May 13, 2010 that he had a SH Whirlwind arrive, the one with the 37mm cannon
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

NARSES2

Yup, you're right Lee, apologies  :bow: ;)

I checked it against my un-built one as I've tarted up the cockpit on my in progress one and apart from the spent cartridge case collector which Martin obviously removed it's a match.

I also checked the SH one and was stunned that the instructions were dated Apr 2010 (they've done the date in the US style which threw me to start with  :banghead:), if asked I would have said they were 3/4 years old at most. Getting old  :-\

Martin H

yeap its one of mine.................... :angel:
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.