1/72 Airfix Spitfire MKIX.c Finisched

Started by The Chaos, July 16, 2018, 03:42:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Chaos

My Buld for the RAF Centenary Group Build
the God old Airfix Kit,
it is in the detailing very basic.
my first steps.

the Cockpit is sporadic in the detailing also have a Pilot.

Painting ant Weathering

Knightflyer

Does the pilot get airsick very easily? He's looking a bit green!  ;D :o

On a more serious note - is that the pilot figure that came with the model? He just looks a bit modern?
Oh to be whiffing again :-(

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Knightflyer on July 16, 2018, 03:45:51 AM

On a more serious note - is that the pilot figure that came with the model? He just looks a bit modern?

BoB Memorial Flight example?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Mossie

There was a mixup, the Spitfire pilot ended up in Sea Harrier FRS.1 kit which came out around the same time.

I do wonder why the Mk.IX was less detailed than the Mk.I that came out earlier?

Looking forward to seeing how you whiff it. :thumbsup:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

The Chaos

Update.
The Paintig and decaling ist compledet,
the Airfix decals are very dificult to apply and it is not perfect, I hate decaling on Aircrafts.

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

The Chaos

Update it is finisched, i jope you like it

Old Wombat

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Dizzyfugu

Nice  :thumbsup: And, yes, the Airfix decals are a PITA. But: did you mount the main landing gear in reverse? The stance looks quite odd?  :unsure:

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on July 29, 2018, 08:16:32 AM

Nice  :thumbsup: And, yes, the Airix decals are a PITA. But: did you mount the main landing gear in reverse? The stance looks quite odd?

Looks like it, they're leaning rearwards and they should lean forwards.

But that colour scheme looks terrific.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Knightflyer

Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 29, 2018, 08:26:00 AM

Nice  :thumbsup: And, yes, the Airix decals are a PITA. But: did you mount the main landing gear in reverse? The stance looks quite odd?

I wondered the same also ....but didn't want to be the first to say anything!  :-\
Oh to be whiffing again :-(

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Old Wombat

Quote from: Knightflyer on July 29, 2018, 08:29:44 AM

I wondered the same also ....but didn't want to be the first to say anything!  :-\

Well, if we're being picky (& I'm not, really, it's just an observation), the fuselage band decal has also been placed on backwards, as evidenced by the underside photo.

Overall, though, it's an excellent build & the scheme is brilliant, & a couple of extra whiffy touches make not a skerrick of difference. :thumbsup:

The Chaos

Nice  :thumbsup: And, yes, the Airfix decals are a PITA. But: did you mount the main landing gear in reverse? The stance looks quite odd?  :unsure:
yes it is right, i have glued the landing gear wrong in place.

Quote from: Old Wombat on July 29, 2018, 10:45:24 AM
Quote from: Knightflyer on July 29, 2018, 08:29:44 AM

Well, if we're being picky (& I'm not, really, it's just an observation), the fuselage band decal has also been placed on backwards, as evidenced by the underside photo.

Overall, though, it's an excellent build & the scheme is brilliant, & a couple of extra whiffy touches make not a skerrick of difference. :thumbsup:

Right it is a What If   ;D and thanks for the feedback