This will be my offering:

Colour scheme to be one of these, probably Scheme 2:

LO

Observation is the most enduring of lifes pleasures

sandiego89

Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

PR19_Kit

Lovely looking aeroplane, the Vigilante, and it's so similar looking to the TSR2. Should be a good match.

Which kit is it, I don't think I know 'SK'?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kitbasher

You should keep the Vigilante name, especially as the XB-70 was the Valkyrie in real life.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/Corsair GA.1/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

The Wooksta!

It's the Airfix kit.  IIRC they're an offshoot of Bilek and have reboxed a number of Airfix kits - the Bv 141 and the Battle spring to mind.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"She's died?!?  Then how's she meant to get the shopping home?"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Devilfish

Quote from: kitbasher on July 09, 2018, 03:31:08 PM
You should keep the Vigilante name, especially as the XB-70 was the Valkyrie in real life.

Seconded

Leading Observer

Quote from: Devilfish on July 10, 2018, 12:17:23 AM

Seconded

Noted and amended
LO

kitbasher

Quote from: Leading Observer on July 10, 2018, 08:03:22 AM
Quote from: Devilfish on July 10, 2018, 12:17:23 AM

Seconded

Noted and amended

Oh no I feel as though I bossed you into it!

Right decision tho and an RAF Vigi will look very smart.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/Corsair GA.1/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Leading Observer

Progress is being made, photos to follow. As I've added the Recce bay on the underside, this should probably be a PR.1 not GR.1
LO

Leading Observer

Some PSR to do, followed by masking up the glass bits and painting can commence :thumbsup:
LO

PR19_Kit

That Vigi is one heck of a smart looking aeroplane.  :thumbsup:

I've got three of them, one each of FROG, Airfix and Trumpeter and I really should build one of them at least!  :banghead:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 16, 2018, 02:03:35 PM

It does indeed have attractive lines and looks so right. Imagining a F.A.A. aircraft either in EDSG over white or all over anti-flash white as per the original Buccaneers.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Doug K

Quote from: NARSES2 on July 17, 2018, 06:21:22 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 16, 2018, 02:03:35 PM

It does indeed have attractive lines and looks so right. Imagining a F.A.A. aircraft either in EDSG over white or all over anti-flash white as per the original Buccaneers.

You're reading my mind

DogfighterZen

Very interesting to follow as i own one of these kits, your's is looking good. :thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Leading Observer

Painting has commenced :thumbsup: Now trying to decide on the load on the 4 wing pylons. As the scheme is early 70's, I'm thinking fuel tanks on the 2 inner pylons and Redtops on the outers :-\ rather than carrying 4 tanks
LO