One real and one unreal

Started by JoeP, July 06, 2018, 04:39:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeP

At the top is a nearly completed 1/700 USS New Jersey. Anyone care to guess when?

The lower is a 1/600 Connecticut class pre-dreadnought which is being whiffed. (I had it also gotten it for a real world but it didn't turn out to be accurate, so I'm having fun with it.) She'll get a tripod after mast and a typical USN forward superstructure.
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

NARSES2

Neat work Jo  :thumbsup:

I must admit I keep looking at pre-Dreadnought kits and will probably end up getting one. They've got a certain look about them  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

JoeP

I bought this one from Old Glory 25s, who make mixed resin-metal kits. No instructions! If you're going to whiff that doesn't matter.
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

sandiego89

Quote from: JoeP on July 06, 2018, 04:39:29 PM

At the top is a nearly completed 1/700 USS New Jersey. Anyone care to guess when?

Guessing Vietnam activation as the 40mm have been removed, but none of the later 1980's mods. Why the blue gun tub?
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

Old Wombat

I didn't answer 'coz I figured Joe's sig line kinda gave it away;

Quote from: JoeP on July 07, 2018, 05:00:07 AM
USS New Jersey, BB-62, Vietnam
USS Neshanic, AO 71, out of Lindberg Neches and a WHOLE lot of extra details
And several other vessels named after NJ, locations and battles herein, and people herefrom
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

JoeP

D'oh!  :rolleyes:

Ah well. Yes, Vietnam, and those are pools. Two forward-amidships 40mm gun tubs were sealed, lined, and turned into pools for the crew. They stand out in photographs, and even her captain partook.

Quote from: Old Wombat on July 08, 2018, 04:54:48 AM
I didn't answer 'coz I figured Joe's sig line kinda gave it away;

Quote from: JoeP on July 07, 2018, 05:00:07 AM
USS New Jersey, BB-62, Vietnam
USS Neshanic, AO 71, out of Lindberg Neches and a WHOLE lot of extra details
And several other vessels named after NJ, locations and battles herein, and people herefrom