RW Tomahawk Mk1, 250 Sqn North Africa

Started by AeroplaneDriver, June 23, 2018, 07:24:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AeroplaneDriver

Latest build has languished on the bench for a few weeks.  Kit is the Hasegawa P-40E with decals from the AMT Tomahawk.  It was a good deal on eBay and came with Eduard prepainted seatbelts.  Not a bad kit with some nice detail in the cockpit, but a little PSR required.  Paints are airbrushed Hataka acrylics.  It's not a perfect build, but I hit the point where I wanted it done and off the bench onto the shelf. 

I think the third kit I ever built when I was about 7 was a P-40. It was a rainy day of model building at my cousin's house.  Don't know the kit but it was molded in dark green, and it was still all dark green after I'd clumped it together with an entire tube of Airfix cement.  This one turned out a bit better.   Even though I absolutely love the P-40, this is the first one I've built since then I think. 

Apologies for another Real World build...next one is a Whif, just started tonight.   :lol:
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

TheChronicOne

-Sprues McDuck-

zenrat

You sure it's RW?  Your underside looks more grey then Azure to me (although that may be my screen) which would make it a paint whiff.
;D

Whatever, it looks great.   :thumbsup:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

comrade harps

Whatever.

NARSES2

Good looking model and it is in one of THE classic schemes  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

Real World, Whif, who cares? It's a great build! :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Leading Observer

LO

Observation is the most enduring of lifes pleasures

Glenn Gilbertson

AeroplaneDriver

Quote from: zenrat on June 24, 2018, 02:35:08 AM
You sure it's RW?  Your underside looks more grey then Azure to me (although that may be my screen) which would make it a paint whiff.
;D

Whatever, it looks great.   :thumbsup:

It looks more blue in person.  It's Hataka's Azure Blue. 

Thanks for the comments guys.   This is a scheme Ive always loved.  I may need to Whif up something different in this scheme...so many airframes it would look good on! 
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Dizzyfugu