HMS Tantalus

Started by Weaver, June 11, 2018, 04:05:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weaver

Okay, so there is NO guarantee that I'm going to finish this in the current circumstances, but on the other hand I am off work this week, so I should be able to use my time flexibly...

What do you get if you mix a 1/350th scale submarine with some 1/72nd F-89H tip tanks? HMS Tantalus.... :wacko: ;)

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

kerick

I'll be watching this one!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Weaver

Gettin' jiggy wid it...

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones

ysi_maniac

^^^^
This could be a good start for a STARSHIP. ;D ;D
:-X
Will die without understanding this world.

Weaver

Well today didn't go as planned....

10.00am : Got up, and thought: "my cousin who's been staying with my auntie (my late uncles' widow) is going back to Canada this morning, so I'll stay out of the way, then I'll give my auntie this afternoon on her own for the first time ('cos there has to be a first time at some point, cruel as it is), then I'll call in tomorrow to see how she's holding up. That gives me today free for catching up on domestic jobs and the submarine model."

10.30am : Phone call from cousin: "auntie's been taken into hospital with a suspected mild heart attack, I need a lift to the hospital, then a lift back to auntie's so I can reschedule my flight/train/hotel, then you need to pick up auntie's car from the doctor's office, then we need to go back to the hospital, then we need to go food shopping for my extended stay..."

8.00pm : Got back in the house, shattered. Might yet do a bit of modelling: if I don't fall asleep for too long....

Auntie is basically okay: they're keeping her in hospital for 1-2 days and she'll probably have to have medication.

So yeah, slightly less progress than anticipated....

Oh and: that lovely stand that I photographed in it's lovely jig? Won't fit in the slightest way once I've done the modifications to the hull.... :banghead:

- Indiana Jones

Steel Penguin

sorry to hear
all my best hopes and wishes to you and auntie

and bash some plastic, youll feel much better.  :thumbsup:
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

Weaver

Hull together and tip tanks siamesed into longer bulges:

- Indiana Jones

PR19_Kit

My mind is already boggling............  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Yup, hope your aunt gets better soon.

Nice and intriguing progress
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

All the best for your aunt, Weaver!

Quote from: Weaver on June 12, 2018, 12:07:58 PM
Oh and: that lovely stand that I photographed in it's lovely jig? Won't fit in the slightest way once I've done the modifications to the hull.... :banghead:

Only one thing for it, mate. You'll have to whif it! (Whif it good!) :o :angel: ;D
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Caveman

Quote from: Weaver on June 12, 2018, 09:02:14 PM
Hull together and tip tanks siamesed into longer bulges:

Scaleroama'd midget-sub?
secretprojects forum migrant

strobez

I'm not at all sure what I'm looking at yet... but isn't that the fun of it?
Thanks!

Greg

zenrat

Where do you attach the long wings?
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Weaver

Quote from: zenrat on June 14, 2018, 04:29:17 AM
Where do you attach the long wings?

Wings? nah. Fins though....

- Indiana Jones