ARMA HOBBY

Started by Dingg, June 06, 2018, 07:24:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dingg

Hello,

The PZL P.11c 1/72 fighter aircraft model is in the final stages of preparation for release. :thumbsup:

http://armahobbynews.pl/en/blog/2018/06/05/pzl-p-11c-model-kit-available-soon/

NARSES2

Great  :thumbsup:

I'm desperately waiting for the forthcoming IBG Models 1/72 PZL 37A Los
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

jcf

SBS Model – takes over the production of resin models from Arma Hobby
We talked to several companies about the continuation, and it seems that we hit the jackpot. SBS Models from Hungary purchased designs and forms for PZL models from Arma Hobby in 1/72 and 1/48 scale. There is no need to present that company to real lovers of models cast from resin. It is undoubtedly one of the best world producers of resin models designed in 3D. The more we are happy that SBS will continue production of our models.

Dingg

Weaver

Quote from: Dingg on September 23, 2018, 07:09:47 AM
New 1/72 Hurricane Mk.I Comming soon!

http://www.hurricane303.pl/en/

QuoteArma Hobby presents the preview of Hawker Hurricane Mk I plastic models in 1/72 scale. This is the first replica of this aeroplane in many years, precisely in the version from the Battle of Britain. The characteristic feature is correctly reproduced "metal wings" armed with eight powerful machine guns .303 in calibre.

I think Airfix might have something to say about that...

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Weaver on September 23, 2018, 09:00:52 AM

QuoteArma Hobby presents the preview of Hawker Hurricane Mk I plastic models in 1/72 scale. This is the first replica of this aeroplane in many years, precisely in the version from the Battle of Britain. The characteristic feature is correctly reproduced "metal wings" armed with eight powerful machine guns .303 in calibre.

Exactly!

The Airfix kit is a fabric winged version though, so ARMA will claim there's is the first metal winged Mk 1 in many years I expect.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

king of men

We 72nd modellers have been whining since the ragwing came out that Airfix didn't continue on and make a metal winged version. The second oldest metal wing is probably Hasegawa (?) so it is well past time to get a modern engraved line kit of the non 2c marks.
All hail 1:72!
Visit the blog at http://72land.blogspot.com/
Visit 72 Scale Aircraft forum at http://z15.invisionfree.com/72nd_Aircraft/index.php

zenrat

Hurricane is all very well but it's not a Spitfire is it.
:o :o :o

I enjoyed building Airfix's Mk1. I should get another.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

The Airfix Mk I is a very nice kit and I for one am glad that it is a fabric wing version  :thumbsup:

However I'll gladly buy the ARMA kit as they have produced some very nice stuff over the last year or so. I also like the way they tend to do two boxing's 1 an "expert" boxing and the other the "junior" set.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 23, 2018, 09:36:15 AM
Quote from: Weaver on September 23, 2018, 09:00:52 AM

Exactly!

The Airfix kit is a fabric winged version though, so ARMA will claim there's is the first metal winged Mk 1 in many years I expect.

If you highlight the full sentence it is exactly that;

Quote from: Arma HobbyArma Hobby presents the preview of Hawker Hurricane Mk I plastic models in 1/72 scale. This is the first replica of this aeroplane in many years, precisely in the version from the Battle of Britain. The characteristic feature is correctly reproduced "metal wings" armed with eight powerful machine guns .303 in calibre.

Now I may be wrong but I believe that by the BoB all operational Hurricanes were the metal wing variant, so their claim is accurate. Although I have to call into question the "eight powerful machine guns .303 in calibre".
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

The Wooksta!

You are wrong.  There were several ragwings operational during the battle, more than people think.  The second Airfix release, the 85 Sqn one, has markings for one such aircraft.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"She's died?!?  Then how's she meant to get the shopping home?"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

NARSES2

Quote from: The Wooksta! on September 24, 2018, 11:56:06 AM
You are wrong.  There were several ragwings operational during the battle, more than people think.  The second Airfix release, the 85 Sqn one, has markings for one such aircraft.

Yup, it is a surprising number, especially in the early days of the Battle.

Weaver

Wasn't Ray Holmes' Hurricane, that he used to famously ram a Do 17 over London, a ragwing? I think I remember seeing him being interviewed, and he said that the reason he lost control of the aircraft after the ramming was that the airflow was ripping the fabric off the damaged wing.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Dingg

Weaver, you're probably right, but you can not see it in the YT movie.

Btw
Plastic parts of Hurricane are at now available for ordering by anybody in Arma Hobby shop. Offer is valid until 5th December (CET), and the plastic parts will be removed from the shop then.