The 2018-2019 Group Build Season

Started by NARSES2, May 21, 2018, 06:15:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Right the 2018 - 2019 Group Build Season will run as follows -

The Annual One Week Build - 9th to 17th June 2018

The RAF 100 Group Build - 1st July to 30th September 2018

The Racing Group Build - 1st November 2018 to 31st January 2019

The V/STOL/Rotary Wing/Ornithopter/Ekranoplane/Ground Effect vehicles/Heli-planes Group Build - 1st March to 31st May 2019.

Now that we have decided what the builds will be I need to ask you to consider volunteering to moderate one of them. Moderatting does not take up much time, honest, and does not prevent you from taking part in the GB.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kitnut617

So nearly a year to go for the V/STOL GB, should be enough time to get some supplies in   ;D ;D ;D
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

zenrat

I'll mod the Racing if you like Chris.  The only real work involved (so far!) in modding the Cold War was the arguing about the rules part and I can't see that happening with a racing GB.

WRT the Racing GB, it's good that you have scheduled it to start during the Spring Racing Carnival, just before Melbourne Cup Day.  Maybe someone (Ericr?) will whiff some racehorses...

We also need a snappier name for the The V/STOL/Rotary Wing/Ornithopter/Ekranoplane/Ground Effect vehicles/Heli-planes Group Build.

Differently Flighted?

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on May 22, 2018, 02:33:09 AM
I'll mod the Racing if you like Chris.  The only real work involved (so far!) in modding the Cold War was the arguing about the rules part and I can't see that happening with a racing GB.

WRT the Racing GB, it's good that you have scheduled it to start during the Spring Racing Carnival, just before Melbourne Cup Day.  Maybe someone (Ericr?) will whiff some racehorses...

We also need a snappier name for the The V/STOL/Rotary Wing/Ornithopter/Ekranoplane/Ground Effect vehicles/Heli-planes Group Build.

Differently Flighted?

Cheers mate  :thumbsup: That means I have my Moderators for the Racing GB. You and Joncarrfarrelly  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

We do need a snappier name or acronym, plenty of time to think about it though. As long as we get the definition right it's not really a problem
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

Right. As noted elsewhere the One Week GB will be kicking off shortly and as I'm away at the moment I may not be able to sort things out until quite near the start date. However that is no problem as we have a Moderator and the rules will be the same as usual.

The RAF 100 GB will be the first ful length GB of the season and I will start working on that next week as well. I do have to say now however that in some respects this will also be a fairly simple GB. My intentions for this are that it will be quite simple in terms of rules and I don't intend going down to many convoluted paths with it, or getting the "lawyers" in. For some reason I feel this is my particular baby and know what I want to do with it.

I'll go into more details next week when I get home and have access to my notes, but don't expect much more then what it says on the tin. Also given the timescales involved I may well moderate this one myself. More info next week.

The other two GB's of the season you can get as complicated as you want with however  ;D

Chris

NARSES2

Differently Flighted?

The "It's flight Jim, but not as we know it" GB ?

sandiego89

Quote from: NARSES2 on May 31, 2018, 07:42:10 AM

Differently Flighted?

The "It's flight Jim, but not as we know it" GB ?

"Can you give me a lift?" GB?.

All or significant amount of lift must be generated by a non-conventional fixed wing such as: rotary, augmented thrust, diverted thrust, tilt, powered lift, vectored, blown, autogiro, hydrofoil, "Super" STOL, air-cushion/hovercraft, tail sitter. 

Lighter than air or simple STOL not allowed.       
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

zenrat

...plus wing in ground effect and flapping.

This set of rules might need the weasel words "including but not limited to".

Up up and away GB?
By the bootstraps GB?
Clawing it's way into the sky making a a godawful noise GB?

Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

tigercat

Bumblebee GB - or we're not sure how they fly but they do GB

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on June 01, 2018, 03:33:23 AM

...plus wing in ground effect and flapping.

This set of rules might need the weasel words "including but not limited to".

Up up and away GB?
By the bootstraps GB?
Clawing it's way into the sky making a a godawful noise GB?

The 'Earth Rejecting' GB?  ;D ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

I've opened the One Week GB Boards (what fun that was  :banghead:) and I'll get the RAF 100 Boards opened up next week. I'll be moderating the RAF GB and am pretty clear in my own mind what the rules are but will get them up a.s.a.p. for discussion/clarification

Chris

kitbasher

The 'Beat The Air Into Submission' GB?
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

jcf

Alternative Flight;D

zenrat

Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on June 30, 2018, 12:05:58 PM

Alternative Flight;D

Yep.  that's the one.  And in the modern parlance it will become...

Alt.Flight GB

:thumbsup:

Fred

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on June 30, 2018, 07:27:25 PM
Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on June 30, 2018, 12:05:58 PM

Alternative Flight;D

Yep.  that's the one.  And in the modern parlance it will become...

Alt.Flight GB

:thumbsup:

Now I have no problem with "Alternative Flight", but are you sure as prospective moderators that it will cover every possible avenue that some of the minds on this site can go down ? I suppose ground-effect vehicles come under that category, although it's not "free flight" as such. The Rules conference should be a good one that's for sure  ;) ;)