Tracked Crane

Started by tigercat, May 21, 2018, 02:33:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tigercat

zenrat

Do you have a big stash of very old Airfix kits?

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

tigercat

I have a lot of Matadors and Bofors gun tractors .

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on May 21, 2018, 03:08:20 AM
Do you have a big stash of very old Airfix kits?

My thoughts as well  ;D

Some really nice stuff in this lot "tiger"  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

tigercat

You mean the crane . It's a model railway one I got cheap off ebay as it had no wheels

nighthunter

"Mind that bus." "What bus?" *SPLAT!*

zenrat

Quote from: tigercat on May 21, 2018, 10:04:47 AM
You mean the crane . It's a model railway one I got cheap off ebay as it had no wheels

The Scammel tank transporters,  the Tiger tanks and all the other stuff I recognise as 1/76 Airfix from my youth.
It's all brilliant.
I had a very similar crane on my model railway as a kid.  not sure what make it was as I inherited a lot of my rolling stock from my Uncle who had got it from my Dad.
This gave me an interest in railway cranes and I was lucky enough to briefly work in the relevant section of British Rail for a while back in the 80's.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

tigercat

the 2 Scammel cane from a spares and repairs lot  on ebay missing most of their wheels .

The Tigers are Italeri Fast Assembly .

model railway stuff is worth pilfering for bits and pieces. the Dapol stuff is very handy

tigercat

I live in Watford and we actually have roads named after the Himalayan , Crusader and Pioneer where the Scammel factory was .

There also used to be a pub called the Highwaynan , which are now flats  named after Dick Turpin which is either a failure in research or not wanting to market Truck towers