The East Coast Line

Started by McColm, May 18, 2018, 05:24:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

McColm

You may of heard through the media that the East Coast Railway Line between London Euston Station and Edinburgh has gone back to being run by the public as the 8 Year contact with Virgin Trains is ending very soon.
Whether the new name reverts back to being British Rail and has a new livery with the current stock or a new brand name hasn't been decided yet.
The Rail Operators own the the trains and not the track that they run on.
As it's still early days, it's a Whiffers duty to design something suitable or whiff their own stock.
There's quite a lot of options available for stock and the rail system to choose from.

NARSES2

One correction. It's London Kings Cross to Inverness and all points off. I should know I've been travelling on it since before I was born and basically don't give a fig what the trains look like as long as they are on time  :angel:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Rheged

Quote from: NARSES2 on May 18, 2018, 05:53:39 AM
One correction. It's London Kings Cross to Inverness and all points off. I should know I've been travelling on it since before I was born and basically don't give a fig what the trains look like as long as they are on time  :angel:

I agree with your assessment!

I understand that it will be LNER.  Known between 1923 and 1948 as the Late and Never Early Railway, in the same  way that the GWR was nicknamed Gresley Was Right!!
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Doug K

Quote from: Rheged on May 18, 2018, 09:13:57 AM

I understand that it will be LNER.  Known between 1923 and 1948 as the Late and Never Early Railway, in the same  way that the GWR was nicknamed Gresley Was Right!!

But will they paint the locos great and the coaches teak?
I use it every couple of months, it's been getting more expensive since Virgin took over.

AS.12

I vote for Rail Blue, yellow fronts and bucketloads of that grime they used to have all over the IC125 power-cars.

I'm not back in Albion much these days but when so I am always surprised at how CLEAN are the locos.

NARSES2

Quote from: Doug K on May 18, 2018, 12:32:13 PM

I use it every couple of months, it's been getting more expensive since Virgin took over.

Well they will have to paint them as Virgin will get the hump otherwise. So I reckon all over dark BR Green with gold trim or maybe a nice maroon colour  ;) Last time they were re-nationalised they were very effective and profitable, so best of luck to people involved  :thumbsup:

The thing that gets me is how they are known, as are many other companies, as Virgin, when in reality Virgin as a company own a minority. For some reason they appear to be able to rent their name out for a nice solid income. Most companies known as "Virgin" tend to be majority owned by someone else.

As for price ? I have my "over 60 card" and can book up plenty of time in advance so I find the fares reasonable. Plus I don't drive, so have to  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Doug K

Quote from: NARSES2 on May 19, 2018, 02:03:25 AM
Quote from: Doug K on May 18, 2018, 12:32:13 PM

Yeah, Virgin is a brand more than anything.
Eastcoast were fine, and now the stock have been spruced up so maybe they'll stick with red....

Well they will have to paint them as Virgin will get the hump otherwise. So I reckon all over dark BR Green with gold trim or maybe a nice maroon colour  ;) Last time they were re-nationalised they were very effective and profitable, so best of luck to people involved  :thumbsup:

The thing that gets me is how they are known, as are many other companies, as Virgin, when in reality Virgin as a company own a minority. For some reason they appear to be able to rent their name out for a nice solid income. Most companies known as "Virgin" tend to be majority owned by someone else.

As for price ? I have my "over 60 card" and can book up plenty of time in advance so I find the fares reasonable. Plus I don't drive, so have to  ;D

zenrat

No no no.
THIS is what a British Rail locomotive should look like.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..