Eagle Transporter

Started by AeroplaneDriver, May 17, 2018, 10:00:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AeroplaneDriver

About a month or so back I was hanging out with the ladyfriend's brother and we got to talking about our shared sci-fi geekiness.  Turns out as a kid he had the big action figure sized Space 1999 Eagle Transporter.  He loved the ship, even though he never saw the show as an American kid.  He told some fun stories as using it as his "go to" ship for any and all sci-fi play. 

So he has a birthday coming up this weekend and I've decided a nice gift might be a little diorama with an Eagle.  So the MPC/Airfix kit that's been hanging out in the stash in about to start.  Since he is not a Space 1999 fan, just a he fan of the ship I figure that opens up some Sci-Fi Whiffery options.  It may acquire some armament and other bits and bobs along with a nice spacey paint scheme over the next two days...

So I got that going for me...which is nice....

nighthunter

Armed and armored space Freighter/Smuggler, ala millennium falconesque?
"Mind that bus." "What bus?" *SPLAT!*

AeroplaneDriver

So this got put on the back burner for a few weeks, but progress is being made.  Major construction is done and painting is in progress.  I'm having a go at a diorama type base with a lunar landscape.  This is how it looks as it gets set aside dry.  I used Das white modeling clay and was pleasantly surprised how easy it is to work with.

Craters were formed with the ends of paintbrushes.  Landing pad areas are marked and blast areas for the descent engines are marked out.

AeroplaneDriver

A little progress on my day off...hoping to finish tomorrow. 

Joe C-P

In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

Dizzyfugu

The moon surface looks very good!  :thumbsup: