FROG 1/72 Sea Vixen

Started by Army of One, March 27, 2018, 09:33:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Army of One

Been through my messages but can't find the chap who was selling a load of these a while ago....pretty cheap as well. If you read this and have any left can you please PM me.....many thanks.....H

Admin....didnt know where else to put this....feel free to move
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Nick

I think it was Knightflyer, and it was 4 years ago..... http://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php/topic,38759.msg636569.html#msg636569

That said, I wouldn't mind one for myself.

Rheged

I wouldn't say no to a cheap Sea Vixen either!
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

sandiego89

Shouldn't all FROG kits be cheap?  ;D
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

elmayerle

It's not a great kit, but I managed to pick up a Frog DH.110 kit for a pretty good price.  Likely won't build it but will clone bits to convert a Sea Vixen FAW.1 to the earlier configuration.  I have a Frog Sea Vixen back in the remote stash that clearly came from near the end of the production run, it was shot with multiple colors of plastic and you can see the flow of the plastic through the molds.
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

CANSO

Quote from: Army of One on March 27, 2018, 09:33:07 AM
Been through my messages but can't find the chap who was selling a load of these a while ago....pretty cheap as well. If you read this and have any left can you please PM me.....many thanks.....H

Admin....didnt know where else to put this....feel free to move
CHECK THIS OFFER ON EVILBAY

Knightflyer

Quote from: Nick on March 27, 2018, 12:38:55 PM
I think it was Knightflyer, and it was 4 years ago..... http://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php/topic,38759.msg636569.html#msg636569

I thought it might be me  ;D, but thought there might have been a more recent seller (was it really 4 years ago?) that was being referred to

I remember the Sea Vixen's selling well, but I'll check and see if I have any left. Now if you want a Sea Venom or Shackleton (McColm???) I have a few of each of those  ;D
Oh to be whiffing again :-(

Nick

Quote from: sandiego89 on March 27, 2018, 02:59:30 PM

You might think that but a trader at Southern Expo wanted £15 for a FROG Sea Vixen.  :o
He still has it.  :rolleyes:

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Nick on March 28, 2018, 03:44:38 AM

You might think that but a trader at Southern Expo wanted £15 for a FROG Sea Vixen.  :o

Some of those guys live in dreamland............
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 28, 2018, 04:49:00 AM
Quote from: Nick on March 28, 2018, 03:44:38 AM

Some of those guys live in dreamland............

That's in Margate rather than Hornchurch Kit, but I knowwhat you mean  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Army of One

Quote from: Knightflyer on March 27, 2018, 11:38:59 PM

I thought it might be me  ;D, but thought there might have been a more recent seller (was it really 4 years ago?) that was being referred to

I remember the Sea Vixen's selling well, but I'll check and see if I have any left. Now if you want a Sea Venom or Shackleton (McColm???) I have a few of each of those  ;D

4YEARS....??!??!....oh my....time does fly...!!! I would love one...prefer two but not at the expense of another member missing out....many thanks....H
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Rheged

Quote from: Knightflyer on March 27, 2018, 11:38:59 PM

What sort of price is a Shackleton likely to be?  I'm suffering from a temporary personal  financial hiccup at the moment, having just bought part of  Madame's birthday present, but the imperial exchequer will be solvent again in a month or two.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Bungle

Hank, I have a Modelcraft Frog re-pop of the Sea Vixen. No box but in a sealed bag. Yours for a fiver if you want it and I can drop it off over the weekend if you wish.

Andy
"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five." - Julius Henry Marx (Groucho)

Army of One

That would be great....but I'm working so any chance of Wed afternoon or Thu or Fri next week....? SWMBO'd would not be happy getting another package...there have been a few recently and I'm meant to be saving for our wedding.....
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Bungle

No problem, probably Thursday if that's ok.

Probably take that long to find it !
"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five." - Julius Henry Marx (Groucho)