Milton Keynes Show 2018

Started by PR19_Kit, March 21, 2018, 04:50:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Are we showing at the MK Show this year?

It's on the 22nd April, pretty soon after Cosford, but it's one of the best shows, even if the café/restaurant has gone rather downhill in recent years.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Martin H

Yeah, we have space booked. And for once I can get get to it as well this year :thumbsup:
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

kitbasher

Would love to be there but will be in British Columbia.  Name dropping, I know.
Instead I'll have rummages in Imperial Hobbies and BC Shavers.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Martin H on March 21, 2018, 07:27:07 PM

Yeah, we have space booked. And for once I can get get to it as well this year :thumbsup:

Magic.  :thumbsup:

But will you have that monster tank built by then? If so it may be a waste of time for the rest of us to come as there won't be room on the stand, for our models, or even us....  :o ;D ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Martin H

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 22, 2018, 12:40:20 AM
Quote from: Martin H on March 21, 2018, 07:27:07 PM

Magic.  :thumbsup:

But will you have that monster tank built by then? If so it may be a waste of time for the rest of us to come as there won't be room on the stand, for our models, or even us....  :o ;D ;)

I doubt i'll have even started it by then Kit LOL
Unfortunately,

NARSES2

Train tickets purchased and received  :thumbsup:

have we any idea where the stand will be ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Martin H

Unfortunately,

NARSES2

No probs Martin. I'll find us  :thumbsup:

Martin H

Quote from: Martin H on April 13, 2018, 08:42:50 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on April 13, 2018, 06:28:25 AM
have we any idea where the stand will be ?

Not a clue Chris

Just checked the MK web site. There is now a plan up. We are up stairs just inside the canteen hall, facing Coventry & Warwickshire.
Unfortunately,

NARSES2

NARSES2

Hannants Colindale will be at the show, so you can pre-order for delivery at the Show and get 10% off.

Just put a little order in, which will save my feet next Sunday.

NARSES2

Well assuming I make an early start I should be there about 10:00am. Bringing a couple of kits for the stand, about as much as I can comfortably transport. I know what I want and even if it's all available, a highly unlikely occurrence, it's not much. Must be going soft ?

Only problem is that for someone South of the River the M.K. club couldn't have picked a worse weekend. F.A.Cup semi final - Chelsea v Southampton, so both sets of supporters will be travelling through London, it's also, in case you haven't heard London Marathon day, so transport will be extra busy  :unsure:

kitbasher

Everyone have a great time at MK, y'all.  Looking forward to the pics and gossip!
Sorry about the transport Chris - the good news is that my daughter did the London marathon for the first time today (her first marathon too) in 4:44:43.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Rheged

Quote from: kitbasher on April 22, 2018, 08:05:59 AM
Everyone have a great time at MK, y'all.  Looking forward to the pics and gossip!
Sorry about the transport Chris - the good news is that my daughter did the London marathon for the first time today (her first marathon too) in 4:44:43.

Our congratulations to your daughter!!  In the conditions, that's not a bad time at all!!
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet