Shropshire Model Show (Cosford) 8th April 2018

Started by Weaver, March 21, 2018, 07:35:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weaver

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Morpheus in Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones '

Steel Penguin

hanger one again  :thumbsup:
anyone have any idea where aboughts in there?
I have the date marked in the diary, and will be in position with mini rolls as normal.
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

PR19_Kit

I plan to be there too, weather allowing of course.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Martin H

I haven't had any paperwork with a location as yet.
But they tend to keep you in the same spot most of the time, So most likely (But not necessarily) in the vicinity of the Comet 1.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Steel Penguin

either the 2 places weve been in the last couple of years were good, plenty of passers by  :thumbsup:
lots of opportunity to corrupt enlighten the general public and other model makers   ;)
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 

Martin H

ive had paperwork now.
We are by the port wing of the Varsity down in Hanger one. From memory exactly where we were last year.
Unfortunately,

darthspud2

many whifferites attending?
been offered a seat from deepest Somerset, not sure it's a journey for me though.
I think I'm gonna need a bigger display cabinet!!

Weaver

I'll be there. There's usually a good turnout for Cosford.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones '

PR19_Kit

Quote from: darthspud2 on March 31, 2018, 02:44:17 AM

been offered a seat from deepest Somerset, not sure it's a journey for me though.

Whatever you do, DON'T go via the M5/M6, the jct. where they join seems to be a permanent 5 mile traffic jam at present.

I come off the M5 at Jct 7 and take the A449 through Bridgenorth and Kidderminster etc. It's further but at least you get there the same day as you left....
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Martin H

Quote from: darthspud2 on March 31, 2018, 02:44:17 AM
normaly around 6-8 of us attend. somethimes more.
Some of us you have already met will be there.
Unfortunately,

PR19_Kit

Bearing mind the anniversary that we all know about by now, I've ensured that all the model on the top layers of my box are RAF types for this show.

Sadly the ATLAS won't be among them as I managed to drop it and many of the main gear legs have broken.  :banghead: It'll be a BIG repair job, remembering how difficult it was to put the gear together in the first place.

Regards
Kit

kitbasher

Have a great time at Cosford, y'all.  👍
Looking forward to the pics!
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/Corsair GA.1/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Steel Penguin

mini roll are purchased  :thumbsup:
Kit. ill mention it again for the atlas, is it worth doing just a block of wood, and a cloud of brake / tyre smoke to hide the missing parts?  just a throw away thought to see if ittl save you a lot of unwanted work?

Nick

Have fun gentlemen!

I'll be staying here as we have a family gathering and meal to attend. It was my Dad's idea but I somehow got the job of arranging it all.... :unsure:

Weaver

I'm going to avoid the M6 entirely by going M56-A49-A41. Google Maps has it about 20 mins longer, but early on a Sunday morning there will be less difference, it's a much more pleasant drive, and it's much easier to navigate than trying to go as-the-crow-flies via a spider-web of little country roads.

- Indiana Jones '