Schlachtschiffe Bismarck, Tirpitz, Gneisenau und Scharnhorst ideen

Started by ysi_maniac, March 01, 2018, 05:16:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ysi_maniac

Merging Bismarck and Wisconsin. I particularly love germanized turrets  :)

Will die without understanding this world.

ysi_maniac

This is, more or less, my idea about a post WWII Battleship, equipped with guns and missiles. Perhaps with nuclear capability.

Mainly done with Scharnhorst and Moskva bits.

ysi_maniac

A RW project: Scharnhorst/Gneisenau with 15 inch guns. Original and upgunned.

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

dumaniac

ysi_maniac

Alternative main artillery for Bismarck.

Insert: What I considered turrets could look with all big guns german designers considered during WWII, they also considered 2 gun turrets only.

In this line, I envisaged posibilities to install them on a Bismarck hull. 15 inch is included for comparison purposes.

NARSES2

Extremely interesting comparisons which show the differences that would come about by seemingly small changes to calibre.  :thumbsup:

The 2 turret version looks quite strange, but that is because we are so used to seeing that hull design with 4. I wonder if full advantage could have been taken of the 20" guns capabilities back then ? especially in the North Atlantic.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

ysi_maniac

NARSES2

ysi_maniac

This pic, from World of Warships, seems to represent two stages in Scharnhorst evolution: top, original, and bottom, after eventual upgunning.

But bow looks a little different and bottom ship looks bigger than top ship. Is it just an effect of perspective?

Adjusting sizes looks that superstructure is moved aft in upgunned version

nönöbär

Regarding the Bismarck, a modification of it as a hybrid carrier (the "Odin"):

Build this about 30 years ago, more details can be found here:

http://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php/topic,35355.msg563460.html
Daily updates from my engineer: https://twitter.com/Scratchbr1

--------------------
German Naval History               : www.german-navy.de
Bärenreisen                             : www.barenurlaub.de

ysi_maniac

NARSES2

ysi_maniac

What if a Scharnhorst equipped with a pair of "germanized" version of british 4x14in turret (from KGV)?

A kind of german Strasbourg. :smiley:

NARSES2