What if F-86 & F4u7

Started by leptiprince, February 22, 2018, 05:59:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

leptiprince

In my various projects, I'm looking for an old F-86 that trailed in your boxes rabiot or shelves to cut his nose!

perttime

Oh...Wow!
That looks way better than what I expected from the title.

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

Caveman

Hell of a lot of firepower too! Nose and wing guns.
secretprojects forum migrant

Captain Canada

I like it ! Is it a tail dragger still ?
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Knightflyer

That is very nice!  ;D

It works really well and looks really good, but just a thought as to development. The removal of the propeller could negate the need for the gull-wing?

So f-86 nose, corsair (F4U7, not A-7!  ;)) tail and fuselage and corsair wings without the 'kink' It'd take some cutting and fitting but would be another "ohh, I see what he's done there" change  ;D
Oh to be whiffing again :-(

Old Wombat

But the inverted gull-wings look cool! :mellow:

What scale? I'm tempted to buy an F-86 & send it to you just to see this come to life. :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Knightflyer on February 23, 2018, 02:29:16 AM

It works really well and looks really good, but just a thought as to development. The removal of the propeller could negate the need for the gull-wing?

But perhaps the kink was retained in order to raise the fuselage higher from those pesky, FOD scattered Korean landing grounds?  ;D ;)

Plus it cost less to retain the kinked wing and the already in production landing gear too.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Weaver

That looks very nice! :thumbsup:

I wonder what it would look like with an F-84 Thunderjet nose? The F-84 had a circular cross-section like the front end of a Corsair, whereas the Sabre's cross-section was a kind of arch shape.

A suggestion if I may? There isn't a lot of room under a Corsair's cockpit floor for the jetpipe (which is why real-life schemes like this tended to focus on the P-47 with it's mass of turbocharger ducting), so why not have twin jetpipes, to reduce the height of them, and then lead them out either side of the rear fuselage, far enough back so that they don't burn the tailwheel?
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Weaver

Just thinking out loud about a mixed-power Corsair: because of it's undercarriage arrangment, I wonder if it could carry a small axial turbojet, like a Jumo-004, under the fuselage in a conformal pod? A Corsair could carry 2 x 1000lb bombs there and the Jumo only weighed 1600lb and there appears to be enough ground clearance if the pod is far forwards enough. You'd have the burnt tail wheel problem of the Yak-15 of course, but as an temporary experiment it would probably be okay, or perhaps some kid of retractable shield for the tail wheel could be devised?
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

leptiprince

Two other projects like these run in my head