MiG-41-PAK-DP (1/72)

Started by jalles, February 16, 2018, 07:30:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jalles

I'm one of those people who love Testors stealth WHIF kits from the 80's and 90's.  Since those kits were released real stealth aircraft have come into the public domain and while Testors got a lot right, that got far more wrong. A couple of years ago I made an attempt at making the old Testors F-19 more "stealthy". The F-19 is rather small, so I performed some scale-O-rama and turned the 1/48 kit into a 1/72 aircraft.  Once I decided to create a "stealthy" F-19, I needed to come up with a reason for it's being, so... I'm calling this a MiG-41.  A replacement for the venerable MiG-31, able to supercruise vast distances with a heavy air-to-air load.  This particular example is outfitted for SEAD duty.  I posted this on another site a couple of years ago but decided to take some new pictures.

loupgarou

Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

Snowtrooper

Cleverly modified - there are a few telltale signs which betray its origins (once you know what to look for), but it looks like a completely original creation all the same. Keep up the fantastic work! :thumbsup:

DogfighterZen

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

tamatea

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Firefox

Fantastic work!!! Very well made!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Spey_Phantom

on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Scotaidh

Thistle dew, Pig - thistle dew!

Where am I going?  And why am I in a handbasket?

It's dark in the dark when it's dark. Ancient Ogre Proverb

"All right, boyz - the plan iz 'Win.'  And if ya lose, it's yer own fault 'coz ya didn't follow the plan."

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Dizzyfugu

Very well done, and I really like the dorsal air intake hump. Excellent.  :thumbsup:

TheChronicOne

Wow!!! That's killer, dude!!    :bow: :drink: :cheers: :party:
-Sprues McDuck-

PR19_Kit

Awe inspiring work there!  :thumbsup:

That dorsal intake is the BUSINESS!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit