Sukhoi Su-47M Firkin-D

Started by Spey_Phantom, January 26, 2018, 09:15:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spey_Phantom

this is an upgraded version of the standard Sukhoi Su-47 (S-37) with new avionics, AESA radar, new engines,...
the prototype of this 4.9 generation fighter was introduced in Januari 2018 and is intended as a stopgap between the current fleet of Su-27 and the new Su-57 5th generation fighter. the Russian Air Force has decided to purchase 50 of these aircraft and upgrade 100 earlier Su-47A's to the same standard.

its also offered to nations who are interested in the Su-57 but cant afford it or are limited by embargo's, with this the company hopes to offer a lower cost alternative.
among nations interested include Vietnam, Finland, Indonesia, India and China.

The Model:

the model is a 1/144 Revell S-37 Berkut, weapons and decals are from revell's Su-27 (witch is only good as a parts/decal source or kitbashing). the Su-35 style nose and TVC exhausts are surplus from a Trumpeter Su-27 kit.
the model is also the first kit i used Airbrush painting (at least for the basecoat and the varnish, Humbrol clear works better with an airbrush then with a handbrush). im still learning to use the airbrush, so the camo is handpainted, i still need more spray/masking  practice for camo.

on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

DogfighterZen

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

McColm

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

TheChronicOne

Yeah buddy!!!! That's what I'm talkin' 'bout!!!

Colors on there are nice and I like the red doors..   :mellow: :mellow: :mellow:

Excellent, Comrade!   :lol:
-Sprues McDuck-

KiwiZac

I love it! I've been thinking about doing this in 1/72 and this is some fantastic inspiration. Great work Nils!
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

NARSES2

Need to remind myself it's 1/144, super job  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

chrisonord

The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!