Main Menu

RN APE

Started by tigercat, January 23, 2018, 10:31:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tigercat

Coming soon

Haven't posted anything in a while so need an alternative to photocopier as I gather I'd need to upgrade otherwise.

tigercat

First plastic cut on the Italian Navy ship Bee .Premise  is what if HMS Bee instead of bring scrapped was sold to the Italians.

NARSES2

Had to look HMS Bee up. Interesting to see what you do with her
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

tigercat

I do like the more obscure naval subjects . The insect class as a whole are fascinating 

They led eventful lives

NARSES2

Quote from: tigercat on February 03, 2018, 03:42:07 AM
I do like the more obscure naval subjects . The insect class as a whole are fascinating 

They led eventful lives

Having looked them up they certainly did
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Rheged

There's even the time an Insect Class gunboat sailed some distance up an irrigation canal away from the Yangtze  in order to quell a group of stroppy locals.  Some of the real world activities of the gunboats are more outrageous than any fiction.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Rick Lowe

Quote from: Rheged on February 04, 2018, 06:29:38 AM
There's even the time an Insect Class gunboat sailed some distance up an irrigation canal away from the Yangtze  in order to quell a group of stroppy locals.  Some of the real world activities of the gunboats are more outrageous than any fiction.

There's the saying 'You can't make this stuff up'...
and of course, the old standby 'Truth is Stranger than Fiction'.

Like I keep saying, the reason something becomes a cliche is because it happens so often... hence the concept itself.

tigercat

I watched Darkest Hour last week and was just saying if I invented Winston Churchill as a fictional character  , I'd be asked to make him more believable and tone him down.

Caveman

Is she going to have the additional superstructure aft or be closer to as built?
secretprojects forum migrant

Velvet_Scarlantina

Interesting though i'd go with IJN's submarine chaser 13 as my start point

tigercat

well I seem to have accidentally built 3 gunboat hulls so we will be getting

RN APE and 2 other variations

working names HMS Spider and Hms 
Wasp

one will be alongl lines  of HMS Bee with extra accomodatin . one will be sonething completely different  and along lines of OMG  what was he thinking

NARSES2

Quote from: tigercat on February 05, 2018, 04:47:52 AM
I watched Darkest Hour last week and was just saying if I invented Winston Churchill as a fictional character  , I'd be asked to make him more believable and tone him down.

Absolutely  :thumbsup:

Quote from: tigercat on February 06, 2018, 05:22:36 AM
well I seem to have accidentally built 3 gunboat hulls so we will be getting

As one does  ;D

Old Wombat

Quote from: tigercat on February 06, 2018, 05:22:36 AM
one will be something completely different  and along lines of OMG  what was he thinking

This sounds good! ;D
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Rick Lowe

Quote from: NARSES2 on February 06, 2018, 06:58:14 AM
Quote from: tigercat on February 05, 2018, 04:47:52 AM

Absolutely  :thumbsup:

As has been said so often, Truth is stranger than Fiction.
And, You can't make this stuff up.

tigercat

Fleet in fitting out yard