Should we rest previous Group Build winners ?

Started by NARSES2, January 08, 2018, 06:24:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should we rest previous Group Build subjects ?

No change, include them in the next poll if nominated.
1 (5.3%)
Rest them for 1 season
4 (21.1%)
Rest them for 2 seasons
10 (52.6%)
Rest them for 3 seasons
4 (21.1%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Voting closed: January 22, 2018, 06:24:54 AM

NARSES2

One of the subjects that came up when we have been discussing the forthcoming 2018/2019 Group Build Season is whether or not we should include previous Group Build subjects in the following polls or give them a rest ?

Fairest way to deal with this is to put it to the vote, so here it is.

2 weeks to decide and then the winning position will be in place for whenever I get around to sorting out the 2018/2019 season. It will be a month or so at least.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kitnut617

Chris, if they weren't picked for last year, how about a selection to delete them and if they get re-introduced in the new poll, re-introduce them.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

NARSES2

Sorry mate I'm almost certainly being daft, but I don't quite understand that ?

And if I'm honest I really would like to keep it nice and simple. Organising (or at least thinking about the organisation) of the next GB season is starting to take up a bit to much of my time, especially as the timing looks as though it will class with my editorial duites on the UK SIG's newsletter.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kitnut617

Well your top selection in your poll says 'no change --etc', next says 'rest for one season' and so on. Well what I'm suggesting is one that says delete them.

Old Wombat

My reading of it is that by "rested" Chris means deleted without the option of being re-introduced for 1, 2 or 3 years. If at the end of that suspension time they are re-nominated, & only if they are re-nominated, then they can be re-introduced into the GB vote.
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

kitnut617

I'm sort of reading it as they're just put aside for 1,2,3 years then re-introduced. I'm saying have a selection option which says just delete them.

Gondor

I take it you are talking about the build subject rather than the subjects of the group build. Which means "Cold War" build, if it is decided so, could be shelved for a few years or deleted altogether dependant on the outcome of the vote or re-entered into the list of possible Group Builds a year or several down the line.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Ed S

The only GB that I think should be continued annually, is the One-Week GB. Otherwise, I think we need to vary the themes regularly.

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

NARSES2

Quote from: Old Wombat on January 08, 2018, 07:38:53 AM
My reading of it is that by "rested" Chris means deleted without the option of being re-introduced for 1, 2 or 3 years. If at the end of that suspension time they are re-nominated, & only if they are re-nominated, then they can be re-introduced into the GB vote.

Exactly mate.

Sorry if I wasn't clear Robert, but in my defence I think I'm coming down with something  :-\

So by "rested" yes I mean they will not be eligible for the poll for either 1,2 or 3 years.

Also as suggested in previous discussions ; to get in the poll a subject will need to be nominated, they will no longer be automatically included each year. I had already agreed to this in a previous thread, but should of restated it here. Apologies.

Hope that's a little clearer

zenrat

And even then nominations have to pass the Narsofilter which combines similar suggestions, clarifies the obscure ones and rejects all of mine which would cause offense, disgust and religious infighting.
:wacko:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

kitnut617

Quote from: NARSES2 on January 09, 2018, 05:53:28 AM
Quote from: Old Wombat on January 08, 2018, 07:38:53 AM

Exactly mate.

Sorry if I wasn't clear Robert, but in my defence I think I'm coming down with something  :-\

So by "rested" yes I mean they will not be eligible for the poll for either 1,2 or 3 years.

Also as suggested in previous discussions ; to get in the poll a subject will need to be nominated, they will no longer be automatically included each year. I had already agreed to this in a previous thread, but should of restated it here. Apologies.

Hope that's a little clearer

Thanks Chris for the clarification. Voted my 10 cents worth ----  :wacko:

NARSES2

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on January 09, 2018, 03:10:14 PM
And even then nominations have to pass the Narsofilter which combines similar suggestions, clarifies the obscure ones and rejects all of mine which would cause offense, disgust and religious infighting.
:wacko:

When have I ever rejected one of your suggestions ???  :angry: Two or three possibly  ;)  ;D

NARSES2

Couple of days to go on this.

Looks fairly clear at the moment

Chris

NARSES2

Right the membership has spoken, or at least 19 of us, and subjects will whenceforth be rested for 2 GB seasons. Commencing with this GB seasons builds.

Chris