London Plastic Modelling Show 2017

Started by McColm, November 15, 2017, 04:42:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

McColm

Hi Guys,
The London Plastic Modelling Show is on the 3rd December held at Haverstock School,
Haverstock Road,
Camden
London NW3 2BQ

All day car parking is £5 per car.
The nearest tube station is Chalk Farm (Northern Line)
The 168 bus direct from Euston Station

Open 11am to 4pm
£6 entrance fee, under 16s go free.

McColm

Been thinking for a long time of going as an independent trader as I don't think my builds are up to exhibition standard.
Got two weeks leave, might pop down and have a walk around the stalls.

NARSES2

I think a couple of us are popping in for a few hours or so. Not sure of the details yet.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Nick

I shall be there, quite possibly chatting with IPMS London for a while. Trying to get the balance right between being with the club and meeting my mates from this SIG.

NARSES2

No problem Nick. I shall be in touch nearer the date  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kitbasher

I plan to go.  Missed out on ModelKraft and SMW this year, and ModelKraft 2018 looks like it'll be out as well (but I will be in British Colombia so a trip to BC Shavers will compensate).
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

NARSES2

NARSES2

Show opens at 10:30 so I shall aim to get there at about 11.00.

Don't forget it's at a new venue in Chalk Farm

NARSES2

Good little show if on the smallish side. Got a couple of kits so that's  :thumbsup: Also great to see Nick and Kitbasher and have a good old chinwag  :thumbsup:

One club stand had a really nice collection of British armour from the Medium Mk C of 1918/19 through to a Matilda Mk I of 39/40. Lots of tanketes etc, but the interesting thing was the scale. All 1/56th. Now they were mostly white metal and by Foundry so I'm assuming this is 25mm/28mm wargame's scale ? Anyway a really good scale to show these mainly quite small inter-War types off  :thumbsup:

The same stand had a collection of Matilda's on display from 1/300 through all the scales available through to the 1/35th one. At least 7 different scales.

Finally on the subject of scales the guy had a truly tiny Jagdpanther. Now this was smaller than 1/300th and no more then 5/6mm in length  :o He based it with a label which read "Jagdpanther with Zimmerite tiles armour"  ;D Me and Nick were discussing with the guy whether in fact he had the Zimmerite on the wrong way round and it should have been vertical rather than horizontal  ;) Good laugh with the guy

McColm

I'm sorry that I missed it, due to family commitments.