WIP: CAC Boomerrit (a Merlin Boomerang)

Started by brisbane syndrome, November 08, 2017, 03:44:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brisbane syndrome

The story behind the build:
It's a CAC Boomerang, but... with an in-line engine bolted to the front in the shape of a Merlin 32.

Why Boomerrit? An aboriginal word for sword, which perhaps corrupted from 'sabre', which ITTL, was the power plant the CAC ordered from Britain, but unboxed a Merlin instead😂, but they kept the name...

Anyway, it's early days, with a fair bit more sanding, putty and more sanding still to go. The donor kit parts were a Special Hobbies 1/72 Boomerang which I think is a nice little kit in itself and I picked up cheaply, and some donar parts from a Barracuda mk2 kit that I picked up for a few bucks at a Canberra swap meet last year, and was never going to build and was pretty stodgy.

If the images don't show up, let me know :banghead: I'm also not sure if this is the right board

Mossie

Nice idea.  The big chin intake suits the the tubby Boomerang. :thumbsup:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

NARSES2

I like that  :thumbsup: Has a certain P.40 look about it
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Mossie

Yeah, one that needs to walk down the salad aisle more often! :wacko:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Old Wombat

It's a bit dark to make out details but what I can see looks good! :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

TheChronicOne

This is looking really good so far, keep it up!!!  Great idea.  :mellow: :mellow: :mellow:
-Sprues McDuck-

comrade harps

Whatever.