WANTED!! Low viz Canadian roundels.

Started by chrisonord, November 01, 2017, 09:15:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisonord

I have dragged myself away from my mirage fetish, and started building something Canadian. The low viz roundels I have and other decals I will need are a tad too small, so if anyone has any as near as 13 MM in diameter and some CAF decals, 6.5 ish tall by 14 MM long also in low viz. I could also do with a couple of the Canada ones with the flag in too, or just separate low vis flags will do, 10.5 MM long by 5 MM tall.
Any costs I will gladly reimburse.
Cheers,
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Army of One

Have you tried approaching one of the decal printers on site....? Unfortunately all my Canadian stuff went to a certain Captain a while ago .....
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

kitnut617

Chris, let me have a look at what I have. I picked up a bunch of different ones sometime ago in a package. It'll be on the weekend though ----
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

chrisonord

Cheers much appreciated Robert :thumbsup:. That was going to be my next step Hank, I do have some low viz ones but they are way too small for what I need.
Cheers
Chris

TheChronicOne

Hey!!!! Here's something I may be able to help with!!

I just purchased and got in the mail just days ago a whole sheet of self printed inkjet clear stuff. May need topped with decal maker or sprayed with clear, I dunno. I was planning on using them on my kitbash project currently going on but decided to go with RAF markings instead so these are just sitting doing nothing right now..

If you don't get any sourced that would be better/more suitable to your needs/sizes we can compare notes pertaining to measurements (I've no idea what sizes mine they are, but I can break out my trusty rule), how many you need, and what not. I ask nothing in return... mailing stuff like these, even to the moon, should be nice and cheap.

-Sprues McDuck-

chrisonord

Cheers, that would be brilliant, some on their could ok for the roundels, if I can't get anything. The aircraft is going to be a modernist interpretation of the Avro Arrow. Inspired by Robert(kitnut') build
Cheers
Chris

TheChronicOne

Right on, I'll keep these on standby.   :mellow:  I'll measure the roundels in a bit to see how close they are to your numbers. 
-Sprues McDuck-

chrisonord

Quote from: TheChronicOne on November 03, 2017, 07:59:37 AM
Right on, I'll keep these on standby.   :mellow:  I'll measure the roundels in a bit to see how close they are to your numbers.
Cheers, much appreciated  :thumbsup:
Chris

TheChronicOne

I'm having trouble finding my ruler.........  but I haven't forgot.. well, aside from where I put the ruler.

Working on it!

-Sprues McDuck-

TheChronicOne

OF COURSE the rule was less than a foot away the whole time!   ;D

Anyway....  the second row of roundels measure 13mm on the dot. One minor hiccup, however, is that on the left side of them, there is a small, nearly imperceptible straight portion. You pretty much have to stick your face right up near them to tell, though.

Only other thing that may be a problem is there are five. If you only need four, that's great, there is an extra in case on fails. If you need 6, however.......

-Sprues McDuck-

PR19_Kit

The straight edges are a characteristic of home printed decals that have the artwork done with bitmap graphics software.

You can use vector graphic software to do it but I find that VERY difficult to use, and all mine are done with bitmap graphics. I've developed a technique of minimising the visual flats which works reasonably well, but it's impossible to get rid of it entirely.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kitnut617

Chris, sorry I don't have roundels, but I do have some CAF decals of various sizes. PM me a regular email addy and I'll take some pics of them against a ruler.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

chrisonord

Quote from: kitnut617 on November 05, 2017, 08:18:23 AM
Chris, sorry I don't have roundels, but I do have some CAF decals of various sizes. PM me a regular email addy and I'll take some pics of them against a ruler.
Cheers Robert, I will payout my email address. Those decals look OK to me Chronic One, and five should be ok for what I need, and a couple of those maple leaves would be useful. I am in the UK forgot to mention.
Cheers,
Chris.

TheChronicOne

Quote from: chrisonord on November 05, 2017, 10:22:26 AM
Quote from: kitnut617 on November 05, 2017, 08:18:23 AM
Cheers Robert, I will payout my email address. Those decals look OK to me Chronic One, and five should be ok for what I need, and a couple of those maple leaves would be useful. I am in the UK forgot to mention.
Cheers,
Chris.

Fine by me!  I've never mailed over seas but I'm sure Google will learn me how to do it.

8(closer to 7.5),  12,  14,  16,   20(19) mm(ish) are the widths of them maple leaves.. let me know which ones you want and I'll get them together then you can PM me your mailing info and I'll get them out in a day or two.   (HAVE FUN TRIMMING!!  ;D ;D ;D)

-Sprues McDuck-