LF: 1/72 Austrian Decals

Started by nighthunter, October 01, 2017, 11:33:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nighthunter

So, I am in need of a full set (6) Austrian Air Force roundels, I'm doing this with my Fokker D.XXI:

So, any help will be appreciated, THANKS GUYS and GALS!
"Mind that bus." "What bus?" *SPLAT!*

Bungle

I have a set of the Esci decals that are generic Austrian (i.e, no particular aircraft). The white triangle does have a slight blue tinge to them. Yous if you want them.

I may also have a set in the Marivox Saab 105 I seem to recall seeing something in there - just have to hunt round to find the box !
"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five." - Julius Henry Marx (Groucho)

nighthunter

Quote from: Bungle on October 02, 2017, 07:49:09 AM
I have a set of the Esci decals that are generic Austrian (i.e, no particular aircraft). The white triangle does have a slight blue tinge to them. Yous if you want them.

I may also have a set in the Marivox Saab 105 I seem to recall seeing something in there - just have to hunt round to find the box !
Bungle, either set would be awesome! Thank you, I do just need Generic Roundels, for my Fokker D.XXI build!

Bungle

Quote from: nighthunter on October 02, 2017, 09:02:36 AM

Bungle, either set would be awesome! Thank you, I do just need Generic Roundels, for my Fokker D.XXI build!

There's sixteen on the Esci strip - 4 different sizes and I was mistaken - no blue tint !

PM me your address and I'll get them in the post.
"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five." - Julius Henry Marx (Groucho)

The Wooksta!

ESCI decals tend to disintegrate when merely threatened with water, so a good coat of varnish, Kleer or Microsale Decal Film is a very good move.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"She's died?!?  Then how's she meant to get the shopping home?"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

nighthunter

Thanks for the Head-up, Wooksta.

Bungle, PM Inbound

Martin H

Quote from: The Wooksta! on October 02, 2017, 01:24:30 PM
ESCI decals tend to disintegrate when merely threatened with water, so a good coat of varnish, Kleer or Microsale Decal Film is a very good move.
He speaks the truth.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Bungle

Quote from: nighthunter on October 02, 2017, 05:54:37 PM

Bungle, PM Inbound

I have found a few others (non Esci, Matchbox / Italeri) so I'll send those as well.

The Wooksta!

In addition, they rarely if ever conform to a curved surface and are prone to cracking.  The printing is dubious, the subjects sometimes spurious if not outright fictitious, and often come pre-yellowed.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"She's died?!?  Then how's she meant to get the shopping home?"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

nighthunter

Quote from: Bungle on October 03, 2017, 03:21:00 AM
Quote from: nighthunter on October 02, 2017, 05:54:37 PM

Bungle, PM Inbound

I have found a few others (non Esci, Matchbox / Italeri) so I'll send those as well.
Thank you Bungle

nighthunter

Okay, got them yesterday, which ones are which?

Bungle

The larger quantity are the Esci ones.

nighthunter