Sova-M

Started by Weaver, October 01, 2017, 01:41:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weaver

Looks like this new company is a subsidiary of A-Model. Interesting range of kits, particularly for the civil and drone fans:

All on Hannants at the moment. Pretty sure that the IAR-80s were issued under the A-Model brand in the past, so I'm not sure what the strategy is here.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Morpheus in Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones '

chrisonord

I like the Firebird's  been thinking about getting one of those myself
Chris
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

NARSES2

A Model definitely issued 3 or 4 boxing's of the IAR 80/81 as I have 3 different ones in the stash and they are nice kits.

I can  think of a couple of reasons why they might go down this marketing route and there are probably a few more. One is that some people look down their noses at the likes of A Model on the basis of what some of their earlier kits were like to build, therefore a "new company" with slicker boxing's (Limited edition can work wonders) might equate to new sales. The other is that some simply may not realise it's the same kit (if it is). Done that a few times myself  :angel:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

chrisonord

Amodel kits were a nightmare to build, no too ways about it the newer stuff can be a bit awkward, but not as bad as Modelsvit. They seem to go out of their way to make things pointlessly awkward/fiddly/c**p to fit and put together. After building one of their kits an Amodel one is sublime. I hope this new marketing ploy works for them, as Amodel is still up there for obscure ex soviet/cold war era stuff.
Chris.   

PR19_Kit

But NONE of them equate to Mach 2 for sheer 'orribless!  :banghead:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

chrisonord

I haven't built any of their kits and don't really intend to. The vast amount of horror stories I have heard about them has kept my wallet firmly in my pocket

kitnut617

I might be tempted with the Beechcrafts, the others don't really turn my crank ----
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

king of men

I've probably built 10 or so AModel kits. They can certainly be a slog, especially when it comes to tiny parts, which can be a terror to get off the sprues. Decals too tend to be a struggle. But I just love their choice of type selection. Starship? Avanti? Those Virgin global types? Spaceship One/Two? Medium sized commercial types? I would build those all day long if I thought my blood pressure could handle it...
All hail 1:72!
Visit the blog at http://72land.blogspot.com/
Visit 72 Scale Aircraft forum at http://z15.invisionfree.com/72nd_Aircraft/index.php

NARSES2

Yup, as far as the early A Model kits go then I tend to build them in-between more mainstream kits, a little at a time whilst waiting for things to dry. Don't get frustrated that way. As you say some really nice subjects in the catalogue  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Mossie

Two 1/72 Bf-109 floatplane kits.  A Model do the W-1, I've looked up the spurs and
the Sova-M kit is entirely new.

Bf-109W-1

Bf-109W-2

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

kerick

Those long struts for the wing floats look like they would snap right off. Otherwise interesting.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

PR19_Kit

Quote from: kerick on August 18, 2022, 12:22:13 PM

Those long struts for the wing floats look like they would snap right off. Otherwise interesting.

Just the same as the ones on the Rufe floatplane, and they ARE fragile, goodness knows how many times I've re-glued the ones on mine! :(
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

elmayerle

The Bf109W-2 actually looks to be a better design since the main strut can pick up the main landing gear trunnions without added lots of structure.  it would be tempting to cross that kit with a S-199 and finish the result in Israeli (Navy?) markings.
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

Weaver

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Morpheus in Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones '

Tophe

Thanks to reactivate this topic: I have missed the Firebird twin-boom model mentionned in the beginning, interesting! :thumbsup:
But I have checked the dimensions: 145mm long (5.7 inches), which is too long for me, I would have bought if 1/144  :-\
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]