Freightdog at Telford 2017

Started by Freightdog862, September 29, 2017, 02:20:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freightdog862

Hi everyone,

Its Telford time again, how quick has the year gone by? Not a prolific year for Freightdog admittedly, but things are improving and new items are stacked up at the casters as we speak. I can't go into too much detail yet, but thought I'd give a heads up on what is on the horizon, some of which might make Telford, other soon after. this year I've been working on a few complete kit projects, both in resin and plastic. In plastic comes a cooperation with AZ Model, the Saunders Roe SR.53, possibly the first of many. The kit is based on my original resin kit masters and decal artwork, adapted for injection moulding, and is due to be released in two AZ boxing's at Telford covering flown prototypes in one, and What-If schemes in the other. There will be a Freightdog boxing to follow early in 2018 which may include some additional parts. I can't say which decal options will be included, as they will give away what one of my other resin kit releases will be, as it is tied in. Enough said.

I have a super new complete resin kit currently at CMR awaiting casting. This kit will probably not be on sale at the show, but I'm hoping to get a few pre-production samples to display. Its different from any of my previous kits and is a pure paper project which will be available in two versions, with additional parts making a couple more if the initial run sells well.   

The second complete kit has been mastered but has not gone to CMR yet, as I need to make a small tweak that has been niggling me for a few months now. More on that soon. Both of the resin projects have been mastered by Paul Lucas and are up to his usual high standard.

If things go to plan, I should also have a re-release of the Avro 720 and SR.177 with new decals, unashamedly jumping on the SR.53 bandwagon I admit, but recent events with the dreaded Wasp project have sharpened my mind to consider my business and not others. As a consequence of the announcement of not one but two injection moulded Westland Wasp kits on the horizon, we have reluctantly cancelled our resin kit. This is somewhat frustrating given that the completed masters were being sent to CMR this month. The lesson is in future keep your cards close to your chest, and don't take five years to finish a project after announcing it!

Other than that there will be a few smaller sets in the pipeline, but I will save the details till probably mid October, by which point if they are not already in production, they won't be ready in time.

Last of all I'm pleased to announce my new website is ready and launched today. I still need to add more resin sets which I will do over the coming weeks. It is a completely new platform and as such all previously opened accounts have been deleted, however the new site does offer the option of not opening an account and buying via PayPal check out.       

That's it for now!

Colin 

PR19_Kit

You'll be mobbed by Whiffers on the stand at Telford Colin.  ;D

That all sounds very good, but I'm disappointed about the Wasp. Who's rumoured to be doing the injection ones please?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Gondor

Nice looking site so I could not resist and made a new registration  :thumbsup:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Freightdog862

Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 29, 2017, 02:42:38 PM

That all sounds very good, but I'm disappointed about the Wasp. Who's rumoured to be doing the injection ones please?

Kiwi Models (Wasp) and S & M (Scout and Wasp tooled by Mikro-Mir).

Colin

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Freightdog862 on September 29, 2017, 04:08:23 PM

Colin

Thanks Colin, I'll keep and eye out for one of them. It's always been one of my fave helicopters since I made one from an Airfix Scout back in the 70s, and what a TINY thing it was too!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Very interesting news Colin  :thumbsup: Looking forward to seeing the stand at Telford.

I was wondering if there was any chance of getting anymore of those lovely 1/72 under wing 20mm cannon pods for the Hurricane ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Martin H

Quote from: Freightdog862 on September 29, 2017, 04:08:23 PM

Colin

So Mel Bromley has beaten you to it. Sneaky little blighter isnt he  :wacko:

The upcoming stuff sounds interesting. Looking forward to seeing what your upto with the resin projects.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Weaver

Nice to see you back online and trading again Colin: just placed an order.  :thumbsup:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Freightdog862

Quote from: Martin H on September 30, 2017, 03:14:11 AM

So Mel Bromley has beaten you to it. Sneaky little blighter isnt he  :wacko:

The upcoming stuff sounds interesting. Looking forward to seeing what your upto with the resin projects.

Blighter wasn't the word I was thinking off, but it does start with a B....Karma will bite his backside soon my friend! :wacko:

Freightdog862

Quote from: Gondor on September 29, 2017, 02:58:57 PM
Nice looking site so I could not resist and made a new registration  :thumbsup:

Gondor

Thank you for your act of faith! I have to admit the backend administration of the new website is a mystery to me at the moment, I'm on a steep learning curve!

Colin

Freightdog862

Quote from: Weaver on September 30, 2017, 03:27:53 AM
Nice to see you back online and trading again Colin: just placed an order.  :thumbsup:

Thanks very much Harold, I will get it posted out asap.

Colin

Rolead

Great to see you back online and looking forward to your Telford announcements.

Robert

Freightdog862

Hello everyone,

Things are progressing with my Telford plans, so I hope to announce some of the items I expect ready for the show hopefully next week. No news on my new resin kit arriving from CMR so that will role over but I'm not too fussed as I wanted more time to get instructions and decals sorted anyway.

Have some masters due tomorrow for a small whif conversion with those partial to a bit of 1/144 modelling, mastered by Paul Lucas so you know its going to be good.

Until next week then!

Colin     

Freightdog862

Quote from: Freightdog862 on October 11, 2017, 02:14:41 PM
Hello everyone,

Things are progressing with my Telford plans, so I hope to announce some of the items I expect ready for the show hopefully next week. No news on my new resin kit arriving from CMR so that will role over but I'm not too fussed as I wanted more time to get instructions and decals sorted anyway.

Have some masters due tomorrow for a small whif conversion with those partial to a bit of 1/144 modelling, mastered by Paul Lucas so you know its going to be good.

Until next week then!

Colin     

Masters picture of said set on my facebook page now, feel free to share on here (since photobucket stuffed up I haven't a clue how to);

https://www.facebook.com/freightdogmodels/photos/a.238637406163951.82458.119466081414418/1877432185617790/?type=3&theatre

Thanks!

Colin

PR19_Kit

Oooh, magic.  :thumbsup:

Of course if you DIDN'T cut down the Super Ten to a Standard it'd be even more of a Whiff...........  ;) ;D

Regards
Kit