Halibag decals needed fuselage numbers/letters

Started by Allan, August 28, 2017, 09:28:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allan

this is a very sincere SOS for some code letters and numbers for my 1/72 Halifax

the model will be decalled soon and what I need is the following

fuselage code letters and numbers in dull red with a yellow border:   two "C"s, two "Y"s and two "8"s

quite possibly decals from a 1/72 scale Lancaster would fit the bill nicely, too, and also perhaps decals from a 1/48 scale other British aircraft

I also need a serial number for the Hally and this might be harder to track down

I need a LW 507 in red numbers/letters

Hoping someone can help; I might spread my net wider to include Hyperscale later on

Allan in Canberra

NARSES2

Hi Allan

I had a look but the red Squadron codes I do have have don't have the yellow border. That's going to be the difficult bit I think

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Ditto me, I have a whole sheet of Modeldecal bomber codes but they don't have yellow outlines.

Memory tells me only a few squadrons had the yellow outlines, but I can't remember why.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Allan

thanks fellows....give me a day or so to confirm that they actually need to have the yellow outline and I'll get back to you
Allan

Allan

thanks again fellows,
https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/DD72072
this is from Hannants website and shows two Hallies flown by two Dutchmen who served with 640
as you can see, the code letters and numerals are plain red, so perhaps that is the way to go
but, the engine nacelles are bronze, which is wrong, I think, and which makes me concerned about the accuracy of the fus codes
but there's no use fretting about this after so many years
I'll go red
by the way, the serial number I need as a small LW 502, not 507, in red letters/numerals, if perchance you have that on the Halifax sheet or can snip them out separately
can you send them to me if I provide my address as a PM??
Thank heaps,
Allan

NARSES2

Right I've had a look and I'm afraid I only have the C's and Y's. No 8's I'm afraid Al
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Allan

the Hannants website for the decals lists the pilot's name as Wijnbergen
this is a mistake as his surname was Wijnberg...his name appears correctly in the book my late godfather wrote about 640, where he served and flew on about 35 missions, some of them with Wijnberg

darthspud2

Yellow outlined serial are for 8 Group?

I have serial letters/numbers lw502 0r lw507

just pm me i'll send them
I think I'm gonna need a bigger display cabinet!!

darthspud2

new pm inbound.
:thumbsup:
look out for a plain white windowed envelope with printed address.
in Wednesday Post.

darthspud2

make that Thursday 7th post. lady at post office reckons on 7 days.
:thumbsup:

Allan

has anyone been able to rustle up an "8" for me?...one kind Hyperscaler has given a C and a Y, but I'm lacking a good numeral "8"

darthspud2

darthspud2

Sorry Allan,
only have letters in that style for 5Group a/c, apart from number9.
got a fair few 'B' letters which could be modified? if any use.

Allan

thanks spud, but I'm not good at numeral modification...we have our annual hobby club show this weekend including swap and sell so may find something there...if not I'll Hyperscale my request for an 8