Vimana Industries : AH-2A "Brahmastra"

Started by AURI, August 08, 2017, 06:35:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AURI

Background Story :
In 2020 us army need a new helicopter attack  to replace ah-64 apache  that are getting old .Some manufacturers to send their design to replace apache including the factories vimana industries.
After the success of making the Attack Helicopter "subriwa" to Penerbad (Aircav). vimana industries make the new attack helicopter according to us army criteria. The new vimana industries helicopter has cockpit that indentical with apache attack helicopter so adjustment crew more easier. This new Helicopter powered by twin articulating turbofans on the fuselage. so to this new helicopter were able to fly subsonic.
US Army interested to purchase of "Brahmastra" but US Air Force don't want US Army have helicopter that has subsonic speed. The Air Force asserted that the "Brahmastra" would infringe on the Air Force's CAS mission in support of the Army, which had been mandated with the Key West Agreement of 1948
After the proposals vimana industries rejected , Vimana Industries submit a proposal "Brahmastra" to TNI-AD. After see what "Brahmastra" TNI-AD interested to buy a total of 2 squadron as early order .Unlike UASF refused "Brahmastra" TNI-AU have no problem with "Brahmastra" ability, s and then "Brahmastra" with "Subriwa"  strengthen the power of penerbad helicopter and become the most feared attack helicopter in southeast asia .

General characteristics
•   Crew: 2 (pilot, and co-pilot/gunner)
•   Length: 58.17 ft
•   Height: 12.7 ft (3.87 m)
•   Empty weight: 14,059 lb (6,377 kg)
•   Loaded weight: 21,567 lb (9,783 kg)
•   Max. takeoff weight: 23,384 lb (10,607 kg)
•   Fuselage length: 49 ft 5 in (15.06 m)
•   Powerplant: 2 x Lycoming ALF502R-5: R-4. 6,970 lbf (31.0 kN) each

Performance
•   Maximum speed: Mach 0.739 (426 kn; 789 km/h)
•   Cruise speed: Mach 0.7 (404 kn; 747 km/h)
•   Range: 292 nmi (336.1 mi, 541 km) with Longbow radar mast
•   Combat radius: 260 nmi (300 mi, 480 km)
•   Ferry range: 556 nmi (640 mi, 1.030 km)
•   Service ceiling: 29,000 ft (8,839 m) minimum loaded
•   Rate of climb: 8,900 ft/min (45.2 m/s)

Armament
•   Guns: 1× 30 mm (1.18  in) M230 Chain Gun with 1,200 rounds as part of the Area Weapon Subsystem
•   Hardpoints: Four pylon stations on the stub wings. Longbows also have a station on each wingtip for an AIM-92 Stinger twin missile pack.
•   Rockets: Hydra 70 70 mm, CRV7 70 mm, and APKWS 70 mm air-to-ground rockets
•   Missiles: Typically AGM-114 Hellfire variants; AIM-92 Stinger may also be carried.

Basic kit : Academy 1/72 AH-64 Apache
Engine from Brick/Lego
this helicopter/VTOL inspired from Command & Conquer GDI ORCA. Enjoy ;)

Gondor

My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Caveman

secretprojects forum migrant

zenrat

Fantastic.  I've been wanting to build a combat tilt fan out of a chopper but lack any suitable fans.  Now i'm going to have a rummage through the Lego box. ;D
:thumbsup:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

chrisonord

That is really cool, I have a few dead helicopters that would make good donors for some of those for S.H.A.D.O.  :thumbsup:
Chris
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Glenn Gilbertson