Star Trek SR-71?

Started by seadude, August 03, 2017, 04:25:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seadude

Somebody accidentally gave me the idea for this while talking on Facebook. Kinda got the idea to kitbash an SR-71 with Star Trek warp nacelles. Take the regular SR-71 engines off and replace them with warp nacelles. Maybe develop it into an advanced Starfleet fighter or something. What do you guys think?
Modeling isn't just about how good the gluing or painting, etc. looks. It's also about how creative and imaginative you can be with a subject.
My modeling philosophy is: Don't build what everyone else has done. Build instead what nobody has seen or done before.

Squizzette

I'm going to go with a YES on that idea.

or perhaps I should say, "Make it so"   ;D
"So many ideas, so little talent" ;)

kerick

" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

The Rat

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Jesse220

McColm

Cobra

There was a Star Trek Novel that Featured an SR-71 with Nacelles like that! the Title was Traitor Winds! Google if You want to see if it's What You were Thinking of,OK? Dan

Dizzyfugu

I am not certain, but I remember having seen a SF-modded SR-71. Was something with the engines, too, but I am not sure if it was Star Trek?

Nice idea, anyway, and the light finish should look interesting, too. Curious to see the result!  :thumbsup:

Old Wombat

You gotta go Nike & Jean-Luc Picard on that idea! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Just Do It! & Make it so! ;D ;D
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

seadude

Quote from: Cobra on August 03, 2017, 11:09:32 PM
There was a Star Trek Novel that Featured an SR-71 with Nacelles like that! the Title was Traitor Winds! Google if You want to see if it's What You were Thinking of,OK? Dan

This is the only image I could find. Just an image of the craft on the cover of the book. Supposedly, it's called a Wraith class shuttle. Kind of odd that the artist who did the cover of the book used the SR-71 as a basis for the shuttle? You'd at least think Starfleet would use something a little more advanced than a 20th century flying craft.  ;D  Anyway, if and when I do build the model, I'm not sure if I'll build it exactly as shown on the book cover, or make it a little more advanced with different warp nacelles, etc.

Modeling isn't just about how good the gluing or painting, etc. looks. It's also about how creative and imaginative you can be with a subject.
My modeling philosophy is: Don't build what everyone else has done. Build instead what nobody has seen or done before.

TheChronicOne

Do it!!! Would be a perfect entry for the on-going Sci Fi Group Build.

Great idea. .. . .
-Sprues McDuck-