USAF Evalutated Mig-9 Fighter

Started by Jesse220, July 27, 2017, 06:11:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jesse220

I've been thinking if the United States Air Force would halved Evaluated the Soviet Mig-9 Fighter What are your ideas of the Mig-9 fighter if it was evaluated by the US? Leave a comment below.

TomZ

Hi, I've been doing some research into the US use of Soviet jets and the earliest one I could find was the mig-15.
I don't think they had a mig-9 or yak-15 for that matter.
The earliest capture's came from Korea.

TomZ
Reality is an illusion caused by an alcohol deficiency

Dizzyfugu

AFAIK the MiG-9 was not deployed in action, so there was no opportunity to secure a crashed specimen. An for a potential defector, range and probably performance would have been too lousy...

TsrJoe

IF the US. had acquired any early Soviet jets for evaluation other than the well documented Yak.23 and MiG.15 they would 'probably' have been finished in a similar scheme to those (be nice to see an ex Chinese PLA. IL.28 in overall silver with USAF. markings as a 'what-if') :)

:wacko:
... 'i reject your reality and substitute my own !'

IPMS.UK. 'Project Cancelled' Special Interest Group Co-co'ordinator (see also our Project Cancelled FB.group page)
IPMS.UK. 'TSR-2 SIG.' IPMS.UK. 'What-if SIG.' (TSR.2 Research Group, Finnoscandia & WW.2.5 FB. groups)

kitnut617

You should read the Chuck Yeager book. In it it says the US nicked a soviet jet off a train in eastern Europe, flew it back to the USA in a transport plane, tested it, put it back in the shipping box and took back to Europe and put it back on the train. Chuck Yeager was one of the test pilots.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

seadude

If you really want to know what Soviet jets were evaluated by the US Air Force, I'd suggest checking these books:

Modeling isn't just about how good the gluing or painting, etc. looks. It's also about how creative and imaginative you can be with a subject.
My modeling philosophy is: Don't build what everyone else has done. Build instead what nobody has seen or done before.

Jesse220

You guys always seemed to have good points. If they acquired the Mig-9 Fighter, it would halved been tested by the 4477th Test and Evaluation Squadron.