Yak-130 RNLAF trainer 1/48 (in paper)

Started by Paper Kosmonaut, July 26, 2017, 01:31:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paper Kosmonaut

The Yakovlev Yak-130 is a pretty little plane, I think. Even in its most recent appearance, rounder nose, no winglets, it still is a beautiful plane to see. But that prototype, with its more stealthy nose configuration and especially those winglets is really a sight to see.
So suppose the Dutch air force decides to expand their training possibilities with adding the Yak-130 to the fleet of Pilatus PC-7's. Then perhaps they'd look like this.
The model is a free obtainable model made by Kancho Iliyev but it has some quite complex shapes in the fuselage so I wouldn't recommend this one for first timers in paper modeling.
I recoloured it in Photosoup and used the actual livery of the trainig aircraft used at the moment by the RNLAF.

PS. The landing gear is a bit simple in this model, I have to admit... :rolleyes:

dei t dut mout t waiten!

PR19_Kit

Do I read it right, you download the original file (pattern....), recolour it in Photoshop, and THEN print it out and build it?

That's a brilliant idea, and it looks terrific.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Paper Kosmonaut

Hi, PR_19, Yes, that is what I did. (just like the DH.88 Comet Jet) Most recolouring jobs aren't that hard, Especially when most of the plane is black. (-;  Very hard to recolour are camouflaged surfaces, especially when it's mottled. I once had to redo all the panel lines on a plane I recoloured just because of that. Hardest part is getting the alignment right with striping or multi coloured schemes. In this case I could use the white and blue pattern on the original plane model as a reference. In the past I have used self-printed decals on some aircraft to get it right:

Here, the 747 SCA is made from a metallic/aluminium coloured paper and it was hard to print out all the fine coloured details on the surface. It all was too vague, especially the half-erased airliner name and the red white and blue lines across the windows. So I used decals. Reason for the big seams here is that it all was made in 1/400. The T38's are the smallest I have ever worked. The biggest fun is that you can decide yourself how big (or small) you like to build your model. This 747 for example originally was 1/144, just like the shuttle I used for the diorama. I am afraid with my eyesight having deteriorated a bit, I cannot do models in this scale that easily any more.
dei t dut mout t waiten!

Dizzyfugu

Paper Kosmonaut

Hi Dizzfugu, The NF-5's have already been phased out since 1991. The Turkish Stars demo team now flies with former Dutch NF-5's. Since that time 'we' just have what is left of the ageing F-16 fleet, older planes being scavenged for parts for the still flying ones, awaiting the arrival of the ridiculously overpriced F-35 Pork Chop, which our government ordered at Lockheed Martin. The jet training of Dutch jet pilots is done in the US, too.
dei t dut mout t waiten!

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..